Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Limited LT 1.4T
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited 1.4 Turbo LT, 6AT (Currently at 132K Miles) is my girls daily driver mainly, I use it too sometimes, and has been a daily for the last 4+ years, it was stock when I first met her and slowly I’ve made “appearance upgrades” and added a cold air intake for fun noises.

We paid off the car at the beginning of the year and she’s decided to want to add a 89-93 octane tune to it as she would like to keep it as a side car in our stable but keep it reliable and just alot more fun and peppy than it already can be at times. She got the car enthusiast bug from me, but my cars in the stable is a different story lol! Hello all fellow Cruze owners!

As much of a trooper this car has been it’s also been a problem child at times and has needed replacement parts over the handful years of ownership.
Things replaced:
• Completely New Turbo/ Turbo Assembly (under warranty)
• Completely New Transmission (under warranty)
• 2 New PCV/Valve Cover Replacements (first time was under warranty and second time around was just recently about 2-3 months ago, I replaced again after getting CEL and code P0420 but knew there’s no way the catalytic converter went bad even with the odd smell.
• Completely new coolant reservoir earlier this year got replaced as the last one got a hairline crack on the back of it.

This is a “budget” car, which means we don’t care to put much money towards it, however I will not cheap out when it comes to a tune. Don’t want to do a lot of wear and tear running over aggressive since I know the turbo is small. DOES ANYONE have experience in terms of longevity with a good tune that can make the car fun & pick up some horses with the Texas weather, i have 87/89/93 octane available here in TX and E85 everywhere!
I saw a Chevy cruze with a tune only
(I believe) give a stock 06-09 mustang GT 4.6 V8 a run for its money on the track on YouTube.
So many options for tunes!
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH TUNES OR TUNERS PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! Thank you!

“Mods” done so far:
  • OEM Air Intake “resonator/silencer” delete
  • Spectre Cold Air Intake

“Appearance Upgrades” so far:
  • turbo emblems added and debadged oem badges
  • plastidipped the side skirt/rocker panel with black along with the Chevy Cruze logos and rim center caps
  • added gloss black snap on wheel skin/covers to stock oem rims
  • Chrome Mirror covers
  • Antenna removed

Tire Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive parking light Sky Car Plant Vehicle

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,670 Posts
This is my girls daily driver (I use it too sometimes) and has been for the last 4+ years, it was stock when I first met her and slowly I’ve made “appearance upgrades” and added a cold air intake (then put my own twist to it). We paid off the car at the beginning of the year and she decided to want to add a 89 or 93 octane tune to it as she would like to keep it as a side car in the stable but make it more fun and peppy than it already is. She got the car enthusiast bug from me lol, but my cars in the stable is a different story lol! Hello all fellow Cruze owners!

Although this is a “budget” build, meaning don’t care to put much money in it, however I will not cheap out when it comes to a mild level tune. Don’t want to do a lot of wear and tear running so aggressive. DOES ANYONE have experience in terms of longevity with a good tune that can make the car fun pick up some horses, i have 93 octane available here in TX and E85 everywhere! I saw a Chevy cruze with a tune give a stock 06-09 mustang 4.6 V8 a run for its money on the track. I can post the link if anyone wants?!?! But so many options for tunes!

“Mods” done so far:
  • OEM Air Intake “resonator/silencer” delete
  • Spectre Cold Air Intake… with heat shield relocated. Better response after relocation and doesn’t leave as much gap as the original layout did IMO.

“Appearance Upgrades” so far:
  • turbo emblems added and debadged oem badges
  • plastidipped the side skirt/rocker panel with black along with the Chevy Cruze logos
  • added gloss black snap on wheel skin/covers to stock oem rims
  • Chrome Mirror covers
    View attachment 298051
View attachment 298051
View attachment 298052
View attachment 298050
View attachment 298049
View attachment 298047
View attachment 298048
View attachment 298045
View attachment 298046
Welcome Aboard!(y)

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Limited LT 1.4T
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Aboard!(y)
Thank you! I’ve actually been reading a few of your threads since I joined. How do you like your trifecta tune? What type of tune did you get? Also I went and watched an old video of yours on your YouTube via Forum thread …..
…… and you stated the difference in power/overall on 93 octane on just a stock factory tune alone with the dyno. Can you elaborate more on what those numbers were around? Thanks for the welcome!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,670 Posts
Thank you! I’ve actually been reading a few of your threads since I joined. How do you like your trifecta tune? What type of tune did you get? Also I went and watched an old video of yours on your YouTube via Forum thread …..
…… and you stated the difference in power/overall on 93 octane on just a stock factory tune alone with the dyno. Can you elaborate more on what those numbers were around? Thanks for the welcome!
I love it, wouldn't change a thing at this point.

Name of Tuner/Tuning Software
Trifecta Performance / Trifecta Elite

This post will answer most of your questions:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts