Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I started a new job about a month and a half ago, and decided on the 1st day that that 37 miles one way was not going to work driving my truck (Silverado 2500HD with Duramax diesel).

I have always been partial to diesels, so on workday #2 I found and bought a 2014 Cruze diesel.

So far I'm very happy with the car, it rides and handles very good for a smaller car. My only concern is if the emissions equipment will hold up over time.

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It should!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Welcome. I recently bought a 2014 CTD myself. Forum member Diesel must be pushing 190K on his diesel if you're wondering about potential longevity. Seems like maybe the O2 sensors and some DEF parts are the main problem areas. I had an O2 sensor soot up on me at 19k
How many miles on your Cruze?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
only time will tell

theres several over 100,000 miles with <$1000 in repairs

a bunch with 50-99,000 miles with <$1000 in repairs

then a bunch with lotsa problems

i got 60,000 miles...only oil changes, and trans fluid change out of pocket...had some electrical stuff done under warranty

hopefully yours wasnt a problem car that got dumped by PO

post up your location, hopefully another member is near you that has had a good dealer experience you can look for, the cars have been a lil troublesome to fix for some dealers whether it be their attitude, their experience or gm having parts available and the dealer knowing how to work around that.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You may want to have a look at this thread and/or invest in a scangauge II for your diesel Cruze.
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-...sel-owners-read-can-save-you-trip-dealer.html

Not sure what year your duramax is/was but if you have never dealt with having a vehicle which goes through regeneration cycles for the DPF, you may also want to familiarize yourself with that process.

Cruze DPF Regen explained.
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-gen1-diesel-technical-discussion/148737-dpf-regen-info.html

What is a DPF, DEF, and SCR?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQHvi2Lgnac

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy that delicious torque!

Reactions: GMMillwright

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the welcome and reading links. I bought the car with 53,000 miles on it, currently has 57,000.

I'm not concerned about longevity of the engine, just the emissions equipment in the exhaust system that seems to be problematic. Time will tell, if it's just an occasional sensor I'll be happy.

What are everyone's opinions/experiences with some of the tunes I see that claiming to reduce soot & regens? Is it something worthwhile to consider?

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
What are everyone's opinions/experiences with some of the tunes I see that claiming to reduce soot & regens? Is it something worthwhile to consider?
from reading it seems bs claims about reducing soot and regents. a tune with emissions present will lead to a manual Regen and issues. cant have more power without less out the tail pipe so you do the math. now fleec has a "Off road only/Racing purposes only" emissions delete. this leads to more peower, more TQ, no emmisions issues. Down side is warranty void-er more often then not, and for off road only

1 - 9 of 9 Posts