Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I keep coming back to this forum when researching mods so I decided to join.

Ride: 2012 LS with the Eco-model 17" factory rims. Some new Pirelli 255's that were recently released (surprisingly of the best upgrades Ive came across for mileage and handling). Girlfriend has the turbo 1.6, which I now know is pretty darn nice.

Possible future mods: Filter/intake if worth it, need to check plug gap still, looking for rear strut bar. I'll probably get set up to produce strut bars and the like soon, they're too expensive online. Open to any suggestions that don't void my warranty.

Additional ride: 94 K1500 (last year of the carb'ed 5.7). Slight lift, 3/4 ton springs, Gabriel heavy-duty shocks, rhino-lined interior cab floor, swapped interior w/ newer 96 model, factory rims from 2000's model, advanced timing, engine tune-up, all new engine components, new high-flow cat-back exauhst w/ Flowmaster 40 (routed to prevent water back-flow). What can I say, I get bored.

Me in general: Auditor by trade, freelance business consultant on efficiency, operations, and finance for fun, and fabricator/welder by heart and history. I'm a mediocre drummer on Wednesday evenings, and enjoy fixing things found in the trash.

Thanks for having me, feel free to suggest worthwhile mods. I intend to keep a mostly-stock appearance, definitely looking for strut bars/handling mods though!

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Pics? :D

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Welcome glad to have you here. I am glad you find this a good place for info(that is what we are here for). Where are you from: I noticed you mentioned having a 1.6.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Pics would be great!

If you still have a stock antenna, consider the BNR Shark Fin. HOPEFULLY I will start working on my Cruze within the next month or so and that is going to be the first thing I add. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! Shark fin, huh? Interesting. I meant that I have the 1.8, may have mistyped. I did look at some stock horsepower and torque ratings between the two engines, now I don't feel so bad as the difference isnt huge. Plus I've seen a lot of turbo complaints. As for the images, mine is below. I also included a couple from this weekend's truck project. Will likely be doing rocker panel and wheel well linings on the side if you guys know anyone looking in the Evansville, Indiana area.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.