Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. We just picked up a 2014 Cruze TD with 33K on it. It is red, which would not be my first choice in color, but we liked it so much on the test drive, we decided color didn't really matter. We had been searching for a suitable replacement for our 2010 Jetta TDI, that we will be letting VW buy back. After test driving numerous gas powered cars, when we finally found one of these to try, we knew we needed to stay in a diesel. We look forward to getting to learn about this car and getting to know you all. We've been active members of the TDIclub, and some other club members mentioned this forum as a good place to go to for Cruze specific knowledge and fellowship.

Cindy

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Hello. We just picked up a 2014 Cruze TD with 33K on it. It is red, which would not be my first choice in color, but we liked it so much on the test drive, we decided color didn't really matter. We had been searching for a suitable replacement for our 2010 Jetta TDI, that we will be letting VW buy back. After test driving numerous gas powered cars, when we finally found one of these to try, we knew we needed to stay in a diesel. We look forward to getting to learn about this car and getting to know you all. We've been active members of the TDIclub, and some other club members mentioned this forum as a good place to go to for Cruze specific knowledge and fellowship.

Cindy
Welcome and congrats! I figure there will also be many who follow in your footsteps, either on a used '14-15 or a new '17 when they come out.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have a former TDI owner with the forum. Any specific things about the Cruze CTD that you like or dislike compared to the TDI?

I gave up on VWs because of too many weird mechanical failures and high cost of repairs. But they were fun to drive. Thought I'd give the Cruze diesel a try. So far, so good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't had it long enough yet to make comparisons, but one thing I had with VW, I own a Ross-tech VCDS tool for diagnosing and making modifications to the software. I have not been able to find something comparable to use on the Cruze. I'll miss that. I know I can get an scanner to get codes, and maybe clear them, but running tests, forcing a regen if needed, or making changes with it would not be possible.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Haven't had it long enough yet to make comparisons, but one thing I had with VW, I own a Ross-tech VCDS tool for diagnosing and making modifications to the software. I have not been able to find something comparable to use on the Cruze. I'll miss that. I know I can get an scanner to get codes, and maybe clear them, but running tests, forcing a regen if needed, or making changes with it would not be possible.
Seems like so far, outside of the dealership, the Snap-On tool is the only way to be able to force a regen. Oh, by the way, the snap-on tool is $4000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.