Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm an new member as an a new owner of an 2011 Cruze Lt to replace my 02 Hyundai Sonata (good car, just needed something better on gas and something that I did not have to put oil in every time I turned around). I don't post much, just wanted to say Hello

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Welcome Kentucky, congrats on the “new” Cruze!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I have a quick question. my cruze does not have xm on it, it was listed as it did but does not. Could I get one from off of.ebay and replace mine with it

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Thank you. I have a quick question. my cruze does not have xm on it, it was listed as it did but does not. Could I get one from off of.ebay and replace mine with it

It appears XM might have been standard on 2011 Canada CRUZE units but some of the U.S. 2011's do not sport XM. You absolutely could go with an aftermarket unit on ebay although their might be some limitations. Do you have OnStar available?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
yes I do have on star. i don't want to go aftermarket, I was wondering if I could replace my unit with an oem one with xm

Those exact questions I just reviewed from Google which led back to Cruze Talk. It seems you can't do what you want to do. Try our custom search box at the top right of this page for really good results!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
A few people have been so bold as to go from the "basic" radio to the "MyLink" system. You have to open up and finagle the VIN code using a reader, but I'd think there's a good chance that a swap out of the "silver box" will get you XM.

One problem: I'm not sure if you'd have the antenna cabling to support XM. Getting to the underside of the antenna to change it out could be interesting. The headliner is hard and one-piece. The instruction for removing the headliner starts with removing the front seats. Maybe you could drop it and just move it forward to get to the antenna.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few people have been so bold as to go from the "basic" radio to the "MyLink" system. You have to open up and finagle the VIN code using a reader, but I'd think there's a good chance that a swap out of the "silver box" will get you XM.

One problem: I'm not sure if you'd have the antenna cabling to support XM. Getting to the underside of the antenna to change it out could be interesting. The headliner is hard and one-piece. The instruction for removing the headliner starts with removing the front seats. Maybe you could drop it and just move it forward to get to the antenna.
thanks for the reply and the info. Is there any way to tell if I do without taking the headliner down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts