Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been lurking for some time now, I got a 2011 1.4L Turbo Cruze a few months ago and I'm in love with it.. I just noticed a couple weeks ago that the OEM airbox mounting bracket is broken, so I'm using this as an excuse to get a short ram KN cold air intake so I can really hear the turbo.. :p

I've been doing a little research and I think a lot of the info I am finding is out dated.. Please recommend to me any and all of your favorite bolt-on performance upgrades..

I've also been thinking about upgrading my plugs, plug wires, exhaust (maybe), exhaust manifold, etc.. I want to get the best performance upgrades for my money, so please let me know your recommendations. My goal is to make my Cruze a little more peppy, and make it sound more pleasant. A new turbo is not out of the question, but I don't really see the advantages to that, it seems it would be more of a liability to the health of my engine. I'm also considering electronic/tuner upgrades, etc. Going to start out with a new cold air intake for sure though here in a week or so.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Welcome and +1 from what Brandon has to say about BNR tune. I had one on my 2012 and it definitely wakes the car up and they do a great job of support etc.
Another thing you can do for sound is a resonator delete. Do a search on Resonator and you will find lots of info on it and the effects.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you guys! Will definitely research the resonator delete and BNR.

Could you maybe elaborate on the BNR tuning? Is there any standard tuning requests for more performance? Anything I don't want to request?

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums, skip plug wires part unless you going BNR setup. Stock setup is 1 big coil pack that stretches across the top of all 4 cylinders.

You can ask for economy and sporty tune(s) or something in between. The price is set for unlimited retunes. The tunes are safe to use so the only thing to not ask for is "Take my money and don't ship me any products".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol thanks, I might ask for a sport and a economy tune.. I'm going to start out with the cold air intake though and I found some sweet sounding exhaust setup.. But Xforce doesn't sell it in the USA, it's their 2.5" catbacks - I'm gonna try to find something similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.