Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - new member here.

I have a 2016 Gen.2 Cruze 1.4/t LT with just over 7,000 miles on it.

The car rides good and gets great fuel mileage, but has been in the shop 3 times already.
1) Recall for top brake light leakage. The dealer pulled the headliner back from beneath the light creating a large crease in the headliner. Then it took 3 weeks for them to get (or install) a new headliner without damaging it.
2) Recall for battery pan drain plug install to help prevent water accumulation.
3) Reprogram ECM due to Service Engine Light caused by code p015b. The reprogram bulletin is 17-NA-155. I think it was recently issued for this problem.

Hopefully it will stay out of the shop for a while now!

One thing I have noticed with this car that seems odd: The SiriusXM radio volume is much louder than FM radio. For FM, a volume level of 10 is comfortable for normal driving, but to get roughly the same volume for SiriusXM, I have to turn it down to 2. Are all of these cars that way? 2 of the 3 times the car has been in the shop I asked the dealer about it, and they said it was normal.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. The radio volume is a pre-amp issue. I'm not sure if this is part of the head unit or if there is a separate module for the XM radio.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and best wishes !

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Welcome I had XM and never really noticed a diff between the radio volumes. Unles it is because the XM is clearer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome I had XM and never really noticed a diff between the radio volumes. Unles it is because the XM is clearer.
I don't think it is due to sound quality - XM is louder without a doubt. A volume level of 2 on XM is just listenable on normal driving. At that level of 2 on FM, you can't hear it.

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
I don't think it is due to sound quality - XM is louder without a doubt. A volume level of 2 on XM is just listenable on normal driving. At that level of 2 on FM, you can't hear it.
The only thing else I could think would be speed variable volume or as Ober said
The radio volume is a pre-amp issue. I'm not sure if this is part of the head unit or if there is a separate module for the XM radio.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk! I will sometimes increase the volume when using FM radio compared to XM, but I will have to check it out a little closer on my break. For the test, I will use ESPN radio due to the fact I can get it on both an FM station and XM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts