Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the dealer attempted to apply a software update on my old MyLink radio and it didn't work, so they installed a new MyLink Radio (I have the base MyLink radio without the colorful home screen.

Anyway, this new radio when in radio station mode shows me the station number and mhz (103.3MHZ). Before on the old radio it showed the station without the mhz and station information (103.3, KAT COUNTRY - BRAD PAISLEY - Mud On The Tires). I can't seem to find the button to turn this feature on in the menu, and the manual mentions nothing about it.

How do I get this to come back? Is it buried somewhere in the menus? Or did they maybe install a radio that doesn't have this feature? Or maybe installed new radio, but left hte firmware original when it didn't have the feature?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
It's either under menu or settings. And i think it's under menu on the radio side. Provided you got the same radio i got. 17 cruze.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I've found that RDS is the first thing to drop out if the station is getting weak. It sounds fine, but no RDS.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RDS always worked on the old radio, and even if it didn't, I don't recall ever seeing "mhz" displayed on the screen along the radio frequency, usually just 103.3 and that's it.

I'm just wondering if there are versions of the MyLink radio that do not come with the RDS feature or if it was something that was unlocked via a software update after the cars were first released, and either they gave me the wrong radio or they gave me a radio that was sitting on the shelf in Ohio since 2016 and therefore has the original firmware.

I'll probably ring up the infotainment hotline and see if they can figure it out, otherwise, back to the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The RDS always worked on the old radio, and even if it didn't, I don't recall ever seeing "mhz" displayed on the screen along the radio frequency, usually just 103.3 and that's it.

I'm just wondering if there are versions of the MyLink radio that do not come with the RDS feature or if it was something that was unlocked via a software update after the cars were first released, and either they gave me the wrong radio or they gave me a radio that was sitting on the shelf in Ohio since 2016 and therefore has the original firmware.

I'll probably ring up the infotainment hotline and see if they can figure it out, otherwise, back to the dealer.
While the radio is tuned to an FM radio station, press MENU. Scroll through and see if there is an RDS setting. I have noticed that at least once when I got my Cruze back from the dealer, the RDS setting was set to OFF for some reason.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
It was off by default when I got my car off the dealer lot. I thought it was weird the radio wasn't showing song titles like my old Cruze did, and then playing around with it, found the setting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn’t find it in the menus and neither could GM infotainment tech support or the dealership after 6 hours. It’s at the dealership again today hopefully to finally get fixed or replaced. The dealer said they are going to call GM corporate tech support or something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Final update. I think.

So, the latest MyLink update REMOVES the RDS functionality of the MyLink Radio. Just wanted to warn anyone. My car has been at the dealership since Tuesday, they installed ANOTHER brand new radio because GM tech support told them it's probably a defective or incorrect radio, the new radio showed the RDS information perfectly fine after installation, however, after they applied the new update, no more RDS.

So, GM has taken away that feature from our radios, they didn't bother to notify/warn customers, the dealerships, or the people at the corporate tech support level. My dealer only found out about it today when they called to ask about it again. The dealer was told that in the future the feature may be put back in, but as of right now MyLink radios do not have RDS functionality.

With my luck it's going to happen after my bumper to bumper warranty runs out, so that's be about a $150 update...

Once again, the newest MyLink software update REMOVES the RDS functionality from your MyLink radio. If you value this feature, I suggest you steer clear of the update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Why in the world would GM pull this feature? It's not life changing by any means, but it sure is nice to have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts