Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
cool thing is that engine is still made in the US. unlike ours and the duramax lol

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think it looks real good...except for those tail lights. Good lord they are awful looking. The way they stick out beyond the sheet metal just ruins the body lie. In the immortal words of Charles Barkley...oh that's tuurrrable.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
cool thing is that engine is still made in the US. unlike ours and the duramax lol

The slogan they are using states..

"DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA ENGINEERED IN MICHIGAN
TESTED IN ARIZONA BUILT IN MISSISSIPPI
POWERED BY INDIANA AND TENNESSEE"

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show. It looks sweet and I want to check one out.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Looks pretty interesting, 5.0L vs Dodge 3.0L. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
The slogan they are using states..

"DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA ENGINEERED IN MICHIGAN
TESTED IN ARIZONA BUILT IN MISSISSIPPI
POWERED BY INDIANA AND TENNESSEE"
And ultimately, the profits go where?

It has yet to be determined how it will do. First year production runs are always interesting.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Looks pretty interesting, 5.0L vs Dodge 3.0L. Something to keep an eye on for sure.
The dodge 3.0L while good for MPG isn't up to the task of even 1/2 ton truck towing, doesn't even match the gas v8 1/2 ton tow ratings. The 5.0L should be more than up to the task and still achieve some great MPG.

I see they are also making a frontier diesel as well, great competition for the 2016 Chevy Colorado 2.8L duramax. GM now needs to make the planned then scrapped 4.5L duramax they canned back in 2009 for the 1/2 ton silverado.

4.5L Duramax Diesel

·
Registered
594 Posts
Reactions: warloc

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

It has yet to be determined how it will do. First year production runs are always interesting.
Well lets be honest it's Nissan so I'm sure we both know where they are going lol.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
It's OK that you are confused about the Duramax as you do suffer from PSD syndrome. :grin:
Our engines are made in Germany

Profits don't matter. They all go to big wigs who don't play in the same ballgame as the majority of the population. It wouldn't matter to me if some CEO guy in Japan makes 50 billion Yen a year or if some guy in the US makes $1 billion. It's all irrelevant. What's most relevant to the US is the jobs that directly affect our economy.

Reactions: JDH and jblackburn

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Profits don't matter. They all go to big wigs who don't play in the same ballgame as the majority of the population. It wouldn't matter to me if some CEO guy in Japan makes 50 billion Yen a year or if some guy in the US makes $1 billion. It's all irrelevant. What's most relevant to the US is the jobs that directly affect our economy.
You can't overlook that more money is staying in the US buying an american made car. What do rich guys do with there money? Spend it. Besides possible business investments, hiring of staff to take care of all their needs they also pay taxes in this country on everything.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
You can't overlook that more money is staying in the US buying an american made car. What do rich guys do with there money? Spend it. Besides possible business investments, hiring of staff to take care of all their needs they also pay taxes in this country on everything.
Well, the other alternative would be this. Say Nissan didn't exist in the US. Neither would all the jobs they provide and thus the economic benefits of such. So yeah, some of the money does go out of the country, but it is a global economy. How many "American" cars are made in Korea (Aveo) or Mexico (Trax) or elsewhere? No jobs for Americans there while companies like Nissan ARE providing jobs.

And the rich don't pay taxes - they find loopholes. :)

Reactions: Merc6 and spacedout

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The dodge 3.0L while good for MPG isn't up to the task of even 1/2 ton truck towing, doesn't even match the gas v8 1/2 ton tow ratings. The 5.0L should be more than up to the task and still achieve some great MPG.
While I agree the ratings aren't the best, I'm willing to bet 90% of non business trucks on the road will never haul anywhere near 5000lbs let alone the max towing capacity in their lifetime. Most will pick up kids and get groceries. So for most people tow ratings don't matter. Mpg does matter and it does sell trucks.

I do however like the new Nissan cummins powered truck, and will be watching to see how it does. One big problem I have with Nissan is prices for parts, part availability, and how easy they are to work on. All three things they consistently fall behind on compared to the big 3.

Sent from the sexy electrician

1 - 20 of 44 Posts