Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Banned
260 Posts
I dont see an oil filter thread so here is some info.
I purchased the Wix WL10021 and the Hastings LF698 Diesel oil filters and they are both identical literally, even the made in Poland print and number on the filters. If you want to save some money get the HastingsLF698.
Cheers.
Not to rain on anyone's parade but Rockauto has the ACDelco for less then either the WIX or Hastings, any price difference must be due to the box! Maybe one can find a clearance on WIX or Hastings?

·
Registered
341 Posts
The OEM filter is cellulose and the WIX is a premium filter with Synthetic Fibers. I would much rather have the WIX or the Hastings, both design their filters to have extra dirt holding capacity plus better flow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Next two oil changes will be Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO FLEX SAE 5W-30 Dexos 2, C3 and MB 229.52 for extra fuel efficient engine oil.
I am very curious to see how this oil does in my Cruze.
It was the same price as the Pennzoil Euro L.

·
Registered
476 Posts
walmart.com now carries 5qt jug of 5w-30 Pennzoil EuroL Dexos2 for about $25 bucks. Ship to store should be free if it is not in stock locally, but thankfully mine does carry it locally. Everyone lives by a Walmart.

·
Registered
341 Posts
walmart.com now carries 5qt jug of 5w-30 Pennzoil EuroL Dexos2 for about $25 bucks. Ship to store should be free if it is not in stock locally, but thankfully mine does carry it locally. Everyone lives by a Walmart.
Walmart s in the USA rock the house not so much in Canada. We have hardly any oil on the shelf. In my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK - so Canadian tire has Motomaster synthetic 5W40 with the following specs:

• Recommend for ACEA E7-08, E9-08 performance, Caterpillar ECF-3, Cummins CES 20081, 20076 AND 20071. Daimler 228.31, DDS 93K218, 93K215, 92K214. Mack EO-O Premium Plus 07, EO-N Premium Plus, EO-M Plus,Volvo VDS-4. VDS-3 and Renault RLD-3. Equipment recommending API CJ-4/SN, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4
Would this be ok for the Cruze diesel?

·
Registered
320 Posts
OK - so Canadian tire has Motomaster synthetic 5W40 with the following specs:

• Recommend for ACEA E7-08, E9-08 performance, Caterpillar ECF-3, Cummins CES 20081, 20076 AND 20071. Daimler 228.31, DDS 93K218, 93K215, 92K214. Mack EO-O Premium Plus 07, EO-N Premium Plus, EO-M Plus,Volvo VDS-4. VDS-3 and Renault RLD-3. Equipment recommending API CJ-4/SN, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4
Would this be ok for the Cruze diesel?
I don't think this is an approved oil for our cruze diesels, it's not a dexos2 oil though.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess Can Tire is not an option for buying oil. I saw someone in this thread has found Penzoil that is approved, but they certainly don't have at the CT in my town.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just saw that the 18' Equinox is coming with the new 1.6 Diesel. Hopefully if GM continues adding Diesel options that more retailers will start carrying dexos2 oil.

·
Banned
260 Posts
No to any 5W40, especially in the frozen north.
Is this actually true as Amzoil claims to have an European 5W40 that meets DEXOS2 spec ??

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I guess Can Tire is not an option for buying oil. I saw someone in this thread has found Penzoil that is approved, but they certainly don't have at the CT in my town.
napa in my hick town in bc (4000 ppl) has the pennzoil euro, try your napa

·
Registered
476 Posts
Found a local Auto Zone carries the Pennzoil LX 0W-30 now which is API SN and ACEA C3. But it's 10 bucks a quart. I'd consider running that for the MPG bump, but it's hard to justify over the $22 5 quarts at Wal Mart for the Dexos 2 5W-30 stuff.

·
Site Sponsor
101 Posts
Just learned that Rowe has an oil with the Dexos2 spec. Rowe Synt RS DLS SAE 5w30. Made in Germany available in 5 liter and 1 liter bottles.

Currently working on importing it from Germany as it would be cheaper than Total's Dexos2(MC3 5w30).

Will do an oil change with it as soon as I get some in and let everyone know my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
so I have a question because I can see that some of you diesel guys are geeking out on oils... lol.... I purchased my ECO 2.0 in 2014, and other than the oil that came with it from the dealer I have not wasted my time and money going to the dealer to buy their DEXOS2 oil. I see the huge list of compatible oils and that's great.... but my question is this: I've been using either Rotella T6 or Mobile1 full syn for all of my 89,000 miles. I like Rotella because it resists the acidic buildup in the oil and I can always find it on amazon or Walmart on the cheap In the gallon jugs. I have not noticed any faults from this oil, and a steady long life between oil changes. I did notice that the Rotella T6 gave between 1-2 months longer between oil changes when compared to the GM DEXOS.... but maybe I just drove it gently during that period, I'm no willing to purchase DEXOS rom the dealer at their prices.
in your guys opinion or that of science..... what are the disadvantages of me running Rotella T6 /Mobile 1?

121 - 140 of 167 Posts