Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Toronto, Canada.
Just bought a 2015 Cruze, 1.4 l. So far I love it.
It only had 11,000 km on it. Sounds like it came off of a lease.

Glad I found this discussion forum. My one disappointment though.. no Nav on the MyLink screen without paying Onstar. Can't beleive they are still charging for navigation when we have so many devices that do it for free. I enquired about getting a replacement for it, and the dealer wanted $1600!

Oh well, just have to use the old TomTom.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. I use Google navigator because the maps are updated monthly.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Congrats on the new Cruze and welcome to the community

Reactions: Werner1950

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Not if you're paying for the data.
True, I suppose I should've qualified that point.

I have a 2GB data plan (lowest plan available). I access Google Maps almost daily, get directions probably 5x a week but don't use any of the turn-by-turn features. Just follow the plotted route. Never have a problem exceeding data usage.

Sales people, delivery, Uber/Lyft drivers, etc would likely require higher data plans...more $$ costly.

If you do go with TomTom, take a look at ProClip USA to find a compatible holder/mount for your vehicle. I've had these for cell phones in 4 vehicles and love em.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Are you saying you use this on your phone?
Yes. Current versions of Google Maps/Navigator can download huge amounts of road maps for local storage. I have the entire state of Colorado along with the I-70 and I-80/90 routes from Denver to Maine stored on my phone, allowing me to navigate without a cell connection or downloading maps while on the road.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Questions - What does the LT mean on my 2015 Cruze?
Secondly, my.chevrolet.com doesn't seem to take Canadian addresses. Is there a parallel Canadian website where I need to register my car?
Thirdly, will the basic (free) onstar membership give me anything that I don't already get?

Any Toronto Cruze owners on the board? Which dealer do you use?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts