Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Owner Of 2014 Cruze 2LT - Miami, FL

Hello all,

I've pretty much fell inlove with this car when I first saw it back in 2010-2011 in Disney World in front of Test Track. I sat in it, and just felt so right. Told myself I'd have to get one ( love the technology that comes with this car ). Well now as of last weekend I am finally the owner of a 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ.

I used to daily drive a 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX ( now it's my weekend car :) ) and what a difference in comfort, road noise, and surprisingly has enough kick for zipping around traffic with no hesitation. Engine is very easy to work on with plenty of room, so maintenance should be a breeze in this car.

My intentions for this car is to just be a reliable and fun daily driver. Will not be doing crazy modifications as my GSX is my power machine for "spirited" driving days.

What I have in store for it in the future;
-Tints ( as dark as legally possible )
-18" Wheels ( either OEM from 15 model or aftermarket StyluzM537 if I can find it.. )
-Possibly black plasti dip the entire car to protect paint. ( will be moving to VA next year, so I'm terrified of salt and grime too )
-Either black out, or white out bow tie
-Add OEM Fog Lights
-Replace OEM headlights with a good quality Projector Headlight.

Way later in the future:
-Mayyybe a Trifecta Tune once my warranty is up. Wouldn't be anything crazy.

Pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
beautiful car, good decision :)

However, is it definitely an LTZ? LTZ's have fog lights and 18 in. rims stock, unless I'm unaware of any changes to that. looks like a 2lt to me. Not trying to hate just making sure you didn't get ripped off by a dealer pretending it was something its not.

---on a side note, I envy your interior. the dash panels look so clean compared to the black mesh I have in mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Odd. I honestly have no idea, and was somewhat scratching my head as well when I saw the missing fog lights but kind of fell in love with the interior too much to care.

Edit: I looked at the sale info, and it does say 2LT.
"Year: 2014
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Cruze
Trim: 2LT"

So yeah, I guess the trim badge was miss-leading. I paid roughly 15k for it for 30k miles.

Also has remote start + heated seats which was a huge + for me when I move to VA. Fixing title thread.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wouldn't stress it too much if you got what you feel is a good deal still.

I may have to have my interior upholstered to look like that. is that leather??? beautiful..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All leather. Honestly when I saw the dealer pics I wasn't too crazy as I wanted jet black. But when I saw it in person, my jaw literally dropped. Pictures do not do it justice lol. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might make it a project then to try and make it as close to a LTZ model as possible then. I'm even considering doing the 15 RS bumper/skirts which I fell in love with when I rented one earlier this year. Door handles would be a pain to swap out, so would probably leave the chrome off.

Thanks for the replies so far!

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Might make it a project then to try and make it as close to a LTZ model as possible then. I'm even considering doing the 15 RS bumper/skirts which I fell in love with when I rented one earlier this year. Door handles would be a pain to swap out, so would probably leave the chrome off.

Thanks for the replies so far!

Could always have the dealer do the door chrome if you don't want to try it yourself, but others on the forum have so I'm guessing it isn't too hard.

My dad has a 2LT with RS package and he had them add the LTZ chrome handles for him at his dealership. Idk how much it cost.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're going to have to put a from license plate on the front of your Cruze. :( That is the single worst part of this beautiful state.

That price is actually really low. You got a steal. Did you check the history on it to make sure it wasn't a wreck or flood damaged car?

If it has a clean history then you did good. :D
lol, luckly I'll be keeping my plates registered here in FL.

I did check carfax prior to purchasing the vehicle and nothing negative showed up. The reason I got it at the price was due to having a friend working at the dealership which gave me. Almost wanted to charge me more due to the interior lol.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Yeah I noticed that. I don't get it, did a moderator censor the posts or something?

Sent with iLove 6.0
Sup JJ. Not that I know of, Daisy was the last to edit those posts anyway. It would show up if one of us did.

And this definitely left the factory as a 2LT- since it's a 2012+ and doesn't have push button start.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Hey stranger!

Sent with iLove 6.0
This job transition has sure kept me busy! I gave up on the AG app, so I only really come here when on a computer, and free time of that has been limited lately. Haven't even had much time to try to get boobies lately, either!

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
This job transition has sure kept me busy! I gave up on the AG app, so I only really come here when on a computer, and free time of that has been limited lately. Haven't even had much time to try to get boobies lately, either!
What's this job transition you speak of Jon? It's funny, because I was just thinking to myself the other day that I haven't heard much from you on here or on Facebook as of late. How are you and the Mrs. doing? Mrs. Cruze that is, lol! Have you gave her front and backside a good scrub down yet this Spring?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts