Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jerry. I recently bought a 2013 Cruze with 54,000 miles on it. It has the 1.4 turbo and automatic. Unfortunately the previous owner did not do much maintenance on it, and I am trying to nurse it back to health. I have changed the oil 5 times in 2500 miles, and it is starting to look better. I work as a fleet services mechanic for the city of Chandler, just SE of Phoenix. But I have never worked on a Cruze. The only GM cars we have are Impalas. I am hoping to find out a little more about how to work on these cars. I especially need to know how to change the coolant. I would like to get as much of it out as possible. None of the Impalas I have worked on have this engine.

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums, what did you detect in the oil from just looking/changing it? This last oil change did you use something that was synthetic and meets the Dexos1 requirements? trans fluid could also be scheduled to be changed soon and there is a how to here for that as well. Only thing I would say (assume you already did) is check the brake disc & pads up front and the drums in the rear. If the original owner is as oblivious as you say, they may not have had the rear drums adjusted and caused the front pads and rotors to be the only working force. Being here up north that and a combination of salt/caused them to degrade even more. If you find yourself in the need for front rotors go Centric Premium Blanks over the OEM. There is a How To for that as well.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Big Arizona welcome and congrats on your ‘new’ Cruze!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts