Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Chris and I just bought a 2017 Premier hatchback in Red Hot with the RS package. I live in the Kansas City, Mo metro area. I was tired of filling up my 07 Jeep Commander twice a week for the 80 mile per day round trip for work. A change was needed and I am glad I made the jump. I still have the Jeep for now but that will probably go away soon.

I have to say that I am really impressed with this car. Much of the research or reviews I read/watched said this vehicle was sluggish, slow and not a fun car to drive. So far, I feel completely opposite of those statements. It is fun, mine is not sluggish or slow either. I wasn't really looking to get one with the RS package but glad I opted in for it. My dealer found one that had everything the car I was originally looking at had plus the RS package and it was not much more. I took delivery Saturday and noticed right away that the rear passenger tail light had water moisture inside it and there were a few scratches in various places doors, quarter panels etc. The tail light has been ordered and the scratches are currently being discussed for resolution.

After driving this for a few days, I really like it. I look forward to my soul sucking commute now. It also gave me a reason to clean up the garage so I could actually park it inside with the wife's car. It fits so much better than the Commander too.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Ah that new car smell...congrations and Welcome.

Hopefully the dealer will do you right on the issues.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Welcome! I love my Premier.

If that Jeep was a 3.7, the Cruze will feel like a rocketship :D

If it isn't, the Cruze is still one of the quickest cars in the compact class right now, Elantra Sport and Civic 1.5T aside. It may feel a bit pokish until you stick your foot into it, but that is done for the fuel economy it returns.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome and nice choice. I can imagine racking up that many miles you'll be very happy compared to the Commander. :th_dblthumb2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm reception!

Yeah my Commander was a 3.7L. I did have a K&N CAI installed and that helped with highway stuff but it still felt sluggish. I am sad it is gone as it means a lifestyle change but that isn't so bad either. I hauled bikes, bike parts, lumber, furniture, Ikea stuff in it with no issues or worry.

The Cruze definitely feels like a rocket ship in comparison. And my dealer is being totally cool about the scratches. They were able to buff some of them out. The others are getting touched up tomorrow. My tail light was replaced under warranty due to the moisture issue but now I have some rattling inside the hatchback gate itself. So I am sure it is just a screw or nut or something they left behind. They are aware and more than willing to make it right. Other than that I am thrilled about this car. And it is a joy to drive. I had to create some errands this weekend just so I could get out and drive it some. My wallet feels fatter after I fill it up too! I can't be unhappy about that.

I had them install 35% window tint all around. And my nephew who works at the dealer wrapped my bow ties in carbon fiber vinyl for me as a Christmas gift. I love the look.

I plan to purchase a drop in K&N filter soon. I don't need to go full on CAI just yet. My only other plans for it will be some door sill plates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts