Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been thinking about a cruze for a while now and finally did it. We bought the LT. 2013. I do have a couple of questions that haven't gotten answered yet and thought here would be a good place to ask.

I have the backup camera. OK. kind of a fishbowl effect, but OK. I like the remote start. but trunk opening options?
is there no place IN the car to open the trunk? Jey fob works and manually opening works, but I can't seem to find anywhere to hit the 'trunk' button from inside the car without using the FOB.

I do have the MyLink Radio with XM radio and also have onstar. I would very much like the navigation that I thought I had with the XM, but either don't know how to use it, or just don't have it. Is that an aftermarket option that I could get if I don't have it? I currently use my IPAD2 with a DualNavy bluetooth GPS, but it sure would be nice to have that IN the dash since I don't know where to mount my IPAD in this car.

In the interest of time saving answers. I clicked on the XM and went thru the menu. I do have traffic reports, weather, and a bunch of other things, but no NAV option. Bluetooth is nice and works well. I no longer have to use my visor mount bluetooth speakerphone. I'm assuming if I don't keep the onstar that the bluetooth remains? I understand the gas app goes away as does the weather app if I don't keep the satellite radio?

Still trying to figure out the Pandora and Stitcher. I don't currently have a smart phone. My plan is to get one soon. Is that required?

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
First congrats and welcome! I only have a 2011 Cruze so can't answer all your questions. Trunk - at least on the 2011 only key fob or exterior trunk button, no switch inside car. With regard to Pandora or Stitcher thinking you would need a smartphone with a data service plan.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi tanner50,

Congrats on your new Cruze. I've tried to address some of your questions below:

1. There is no trunk opening function in the car.To open the trunk from outside the
vehicle, press theVbutton on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter, or by pressing the touch pad above the license plate when the doors are unlocked.
2. OnStar provides navigation services while you have a directions and connections service plan. If you send me your VIN I can also check to see if your vehicle is equipped with the navigation system.
3. And you are correct-- bluetooth will remain once your OnStar subscription ends, but you must have a bluetooth enabled cell device. Also, once the SiriusXM Travel Link subscription is up, the gas and weather apps will also go away.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Let me say that I think there SHOULD be a trunk button IN the car. I stopped at the pool store and was waiting for the guy to load the stuff and couldn't find the trunk button. I finally used the key FOB. lol That only seems to work when the car is not running. My hubby wants to know if you can walk up to ANY Cruze and open the trunk? I thought that was a good question.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
The trunk can only be opened by the button next to the license plate with the doors unlocked. If you get an IPhone, you can download the onstar app. You will be able to look up directions for any location (very similar to Google maps) then send the directions to your car. This is only available as long as you keep the directions package with your onstar account. I personally really like having onstar and using this feature. As for Pandora along with the iPhone, you can only run the Pandora app on the mylink if you have the phone plugged in to to usb port under the arm rest. Now you can play any music including Pandora via the Bluetooth, but you can not run the actual mylink Pandora app via Bluetooth. Congrats on the new cruze by the way! May I also suggest you take a look at at this post. http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-ch...-forum/6386-things-know-about-your-cruze.html. It has a lot of great info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[QUOTEIf you get an IPhone, you can download the onstar app. You will be able to look up directions for any location (very similar to Google maps) then send the directions to your car. This is only available as long as you keep the directions package with your onstar account. I personally really like having onstar and using this feature. As for Pandora along with the iPhone, you can only run the Pandora app on the mylink if you have the phone plugged in to to usb port under the arm rest. Now you can play any music including Pandora via the Bluetooth, but you can not run the actual mylink Pandora app via Bluetooth. Congrats on the new cruze by the way! May I also suggest you take a look at at this post. http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-ch...-forum/6386-things-know-about-your-cruze.html. It has a lot of great info.[/QUOTE]
I have an IPod Touch which I use with my 'internet to go' device. it's a portable wi-fi. I do have the onstar app on that.

I'll look up the link you sent. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great LINK. learned stuff I never would have known. Now I'll have to play. I have both an Android Tablet, an IPAD2 and an Ipod Touch 5th gen. way too many gadgets, but I had a good reason for all. lol

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The Cruze's navigation system is separate from the On-Star directions package. Check your window sticker to see if you have it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Cruze's navigation system is separate from the On-Star directions package. Check your window sticker to see if you have it

I looked on the sticker and it says "6 months onstar directions and connections with automatic crash response & turn by turn navigation (ask dealer about geographic coverage). I guess I don't know exactly what that means. I can go to mapquest and send directions to the car. that will give me turn by turn, but there is no graphical interface other than arrows and spoken directions. My question was more about the graphical interface like a standard GPS. I have a Garmin but mostly I use my IPAD with my bluetooth DualNav GPS and an app called CoPilot Live premium.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would seem to me that this car does NOT have the navigation system. Is that something that can be added? Often, the mechanisms are already in place - the system is just not hooked up.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I think the answer to being able to add the Mylink nav to a Cruze that doesnt already have one has been pretty much a 100% no unfortunately. I think there are aftermarket options but that's always a risk and don't look as OEM as the factory nav.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I have the Mylink without the Nav. (Just picked up the car yesterday) I use my phone for Navigation and POI. It's always up to date and seems to be more accurate.

I also stream Pandora from my phone (iPhone 4) via the USB cable. So far it works pretty well. I have an unlimited data plan on my phone otherwise, I would probably just continue the the subscription on the XM after the trial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts