Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a used chevy cruze 2012 LT model. I must say I'm quiet impressed with it. However i do have few things I'm struggling to understand and a couple of problems I'm facing at the moment.
1-What does the letters that show up on the right side on the dic panel next to the mileage reader means. I see it moves between N, E, SW and others when the car is moving in D (Automatic mode). Have read the manual thoroughly and i still couldn't find it explained.
2. I had to change the left headlight since it was broken. Recently when i switch to high the left headlight doesn't come on but the right is ok. But when i switch to low both lights come on.
3. I also hear little noise (When on rough roads) and whining noise when i turn the steer. (mostly beyond 60 degrees either left or right). The manual says i have an electric power steering.
4.Engine light on. Error code P0171. Some videos on youtube suggest i replaced the pcv valve. But i want to know if its ok to drive around.

Car was 54000m when i purchased it and I'm currently at 56100m. Any help on above will be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome! That is the same model I have and I love it.

1. That is the direction you are heading. N - North, E - East, SW - SouthWest
2. It is probably a bad bulb. The bulbs have 2 filaments in them, 1 for low beam and 1 for high beam. It is possible for only one filament to burn out.
3. Not sure about this one.
4. Not sure about this one either.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey there,
2. As with freebeer poss. One fillement is gone, or wrong bulb replaced it with a single instead of a double?
3. Whining could be alt. Electronic steering means more power equals more resistance in the alt. Use a stethoscope see what's whining or get it looked at.
4. Code comes up as too lean? Not enough fuel could be a ton of things one injector dirty, MAF not reading enough. Check out -> OBD-II DTC: P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1) some of the poss solutions are check able at home but most require some in depth work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts