Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
New Cruze owner here from Phoenix, AZ. Got a 2017 Cruze Redline. Traded in a pretty stout and heavily tuned MK6 VW Jetta GLI.

-Dan
Welcome to the Cruze community, you're in the right place! Former Jetta TDI owner, now loving my '14 Cruze Diesel.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the community!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I typically mod everything from my Jeeps to the Jetta I had. The Jetta was stage 2+ pushing about 275HP and 310LB-FT bought brand new in 2013 and had about 98K miles when I traded it in. This time around I will probably wait for the warranty to expire on the Cruze before any real mods begin which is why I went with the Redline, for the look. I may lower and will definitely tint it now though.

-Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holy, that's black! Looks good! Clean for now, give it 5 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
My Jetta was white and dirty all the dang time so I went the opposite. Honestly the dealer only had three Redlines, two silver and one black. The silver didn't do it for me. Only dealer around I can find the redlines.

-Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Question. My Jetta was recommended, stock to run premium fuel, more so tuned. Do these 1.4 turbos recommend premium? Premium here im AZ is 91.

·
10,712 Posts
Question. My Jetta was recommended, stock to run premium fuel, more so tuned. Do these 1.4 turbos recommend premium? Premium here im AZ is 91.
For economy car sales purposes, no. For longevity and A/C usage where you are, you will be better off using it. If you get tuned you totally would be better off with it. Gen 2 is a lot better at masking it's need for 91 especially since the FMIC is not "Sammiched" between the Condenser and Radiator like Gen 1 was. For me and my Gen 1 6mt, it was 93 or stall off the line when heat soak kicks in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts