Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard about this "new Plasti Dip" called Auto Dip. Anyone use it before? It's supposed to give it a more vinyl look than Plasti Dip. It's $20 bucks a can compared to Plasti Dip's $6, but it is bigger than Plasti Dip. More color options. Not sure if it's worth the price...but it still beats powder coating wheels.

I'm ordering a few cans to re-do my wheels and all exterior dips (bowtie, bumper, lip, etc) so we'll see how it goes. Just looking to see if anyone's used it, has any tips or opinions.

I'll be posting a Plasti v Auto Dip thread most likely, as I am a HUGE plasti dip advocator.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,675 Posts
Is it made by the same company, or a different one?

·
10,713 Posts
Quick glance it also looks like it has it's own "Glossifier" in it. I guess I would have to see how it peels before I fully commit to it. Rust Oleum version was ok but the cap color didn't actually reflect the applied product dry color.

·
2,254 Posts
I'm curious for sure. Looking forward to your upcoming thread.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'd love to hear how it compares to the regular Plasti-Dip brand. I've had pretty good luck with the plasti-dip on my wife Sonic wheels, so I'm curious how this other brand compares.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like Merc said, this has the "gloss" built in to the same can, so that is also why it's a bit more expensive. It looks as if it peels the same as Plasti Dip, but hopefully I won't have to find out! (cause that would mean I messed up!). This won't get done til the weekend of April 9th, but i'll let you guys know and post some pics the following week.

FYI: www.[B]autodip[/B].com/

·
Registered
78 Posts
There's also the Flexidip by Rustoleum, though I have no experience yet on this stuff. Would love to see reviews about this product and the autodip.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks like it provides a very nice finish based on what I saw on their website. I'm subscribed for your updates.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Price isn't that bad though since it's recommended 1can of plastidip per wheel. So at 4 cans you're saving a couple bucks and you don't have to spend extra for glossifier.

Edit* Nevermind. They recommend 4 cans for 18" wheels. So you're looking at $100 over the $30 for plastidip with glossifier. While this is just for the black you can get pretty much any mixed color from DYC for $8/can for aerosol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts