Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
25,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received, out of the blue today, the premiere issue of Chevrolet's New Roads Magazine. Anyone else receive this?

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
Nothing here. In fact, this is the first I've ever heard of it. Worthwhile?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Not yet sir .. yeah OB I heve been put on a new and brighter path in life ..
Not to say that the cruzen was not an experience that was unsettling .
I have found a sense of charisma that I have not experieced in years and I am in love with these feelings which have lead me to a warmer relationship with my siblings and peoples that chance upon my entering into they're lives ..

Another Misssion !

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Not yet sir .. yeah OB I heve been put on a new and brighter path in life ..
Not to say that the cruzen was not an experience that was unsettling .
I have found a sense of charisma that I have not experieced in years and I am in love with these feelings which have lead me to a warmer relationship with my siblings and peoples that chance upon my entering into they're lives ..

Another Misssion !
The new copy of the Watchtower came out today? Please don't knock on my door:uhh:

Chevrolet Launches “New Roads” Lifestyle Magazine

Share 5

Whether it’s Men’s Health; Esquire; Cosmopolitan; or the aptly titled Life & Style, there is no shortage of lifestyle magazines currently available on U.S. newsstands.

Now, Chevrolet has decided to leap into the crowded waters with the launch of its own lifestyle magazine, called New Roads. While it won’t compete directly with the likes of the aforementioned mags, it will still have to vie for the attention of readers just the same.
So, what is New Roads about, exactly?
“A magazine for Chevrolet owners…and what they are interested in,” writes Brian Sweeney, U.S. President of Chevrolet, in the inaugural issue. “Ultimately, we built this magazine around the things we and Chevrolet hold in common. Whether it was design, technology, safety and quality, performance or value, you bought a Chevrolet for a reason.”
The magazine fuses car content–like a track test of the new 2015 Corvette Z06 and a preview of the upcoming Chevrolet Bolt – with other staples of the lifestyle magazine, like the familiar home-renovation-on-a-budget piece or the ever-popular ‘spring grilling guide’.
You can also find interviews with Pam Fletcher, Chevrolet Volt engineer, as well as a brief ‘Owner’ piece featuring Super Bowl star Malcolm Butler.
While it’s obvious the magazine – which is currently available online – is a product of Chevrolet’s marketing department, New Roads does an admirable job in not baking too much Chevy-specific content into the pie.
The photography is first-rate and up-to-the-minute articles like “Can you really cut out cable?” show that Chevy has put some thought into what readers want to see.
Overall, New Roads looks like a great way for Chevy to keep owners up to date, without being too in-your-face about it.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/04/chevrolet-launches-new-roads-lifestyle-magazine/#ixzz3YNlEyXLC

·
Administrator
25,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I glanced through it. It doesn't appear to be one I would subscribe to.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Is this a special interest type of magazine? Ha, use to subscribe to many of these, kind of notice the articles that really get the positive reviews are the ones that have and paid for huge ads in that magazine.

Not exactly unbiased articles and also redefined the meaning of BS. Prefer to make my own judgements.

"Find new roads", who came up with this idiotic statement. Still loaded with pot holes.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
I completed my 2 year voluntary mission years ago Eddy !
Here it is .........I was asked as a young man . what do you want Brian ? My response was go out there and learn everything I can and then Teach ..

I was asked what do you want Brian as a Responsible 39 year old ..
my answer was I wish to be wise .. I was given a path . a journey to accumulate wisdom ..

My mother .. If you burn me for a fool you will be burying wise ashes ..

·
Registered
18 Posts
It showed up at my house too. Thinly veiled advertising materials. The segment on Made in the USA stuff like Detroit Denim Co. jeans was pretty neat.

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
Anybody else receiving this (New Roads Magazine) in the mail yet?! I'm interested in receiving it by mail, but I'm unsure of how Chevy is going about sending/mailing them out.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Anybody else receiving this (New Roads Magazine) in the mail yet?! I'm interested in receiving it by mail, but I'm unsure of how Chevy is going about sending/mailing them out.
I think they send them for X amount of months after you purchase a new vehicle. I'm still getting mine and I purchased in fall of '13, my dad has a '12 and only got 1 or 2 issues then stopped receiving them.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Another old thread resurrected from the dead, got me to checking the dates now. Yeah, I received just one copy of this magazine, last fall sometime.

Not enough pretty girls in there to give me a reason to keep it.

Now Hot Rod Magazine, but not sure about this publication either, back in the 50's, was loaded with great technical articles, today, more like Playboy.

·
Premium Member
7,710 Posts
Another old thread resurrected from the dead, got me to checking the dates now. Yeah, I received just one copy of this magazine, last fall sometime.

Not enough pretty girls in there to give me a reason to keep it.

Now Hot Rod Magazine, but not sure about this publication either, back in the 50's, was loaded with great technical articles, today, more like Playboy.

Were you hoping for something like this? :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts