Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have basically destroyed keys on my original chevrolet cruze key.

So I bough some "shell" from aliexpress and disassembled original key (with razor, did not found a way how to do it more gently)

I take off board and put it into the new shell. I also take the original key and little bit adjust a new shell with smoot file so the whole original key will fit well.

I went to car to try that and it works like a charm (all buttons), but when I tried to ignite a car ... whoooops it does not work (I just get yellow control with - key lock or something like that)

I went to try the original key (second one) and it worked, when I take the original key off and put the "new" key in, it will work but just until I will remove the key and then it will not work again.

If anyone have any idea I will be happy if you can share it with me.

ps. the key looks withou any damage, so not sure if anything could happen during disassemble part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK :) So I have an answer from my car mechanic :) except key there is also little small tube with chip :-D which needs to be moved together with key :)

Great :) Its somewhere in rubbis bin and I am not sure if I will find it or not :-D

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,393 Posts
Try one of these Easy to program.

How to program a Chevy Cruze key.

Insert master key (original working key) into ignition.
Switch ignition ON.
Switch ignition OFF.
Remove master key.
Within 10 seconds insert new key and switch ignition ON.
New key now Programmed.
NOTE: A maximum of 8 keys can be programmed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The issue is that there should be also something like ignition chip (transpoder chip) which needs to be there and this is something what I did not see in any manuals how to move it to new shell :) So lets hope that i will find it in the rubbish bin :-D

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,393 Posts
The issue is that there should be also something like ignition chip (transpoder chip) which needs to be there and this is something what I did not see in any manuals how to move it to new shell :) So lets hope that i will find it in the rubbish bin :-D

The Just-a-key comes with the chip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts