Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

new shocks for eibachs?

3153 12
I have a 14 2LT with the RS package and have some 18" wheels on the way, I would like to get some Eibachs (pn38149.140) for her. My questions are, has anyone had it not drop the stated 1.2" up front as some have had with other kits? Also, being the RS package, do I need to up grade the shocks when I do this? If I do, any recommendations on shocks?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I've got a 2014 as well on the eibach springs without doing the struts and what not, I'm very happy with them and have no complaints they dropped my Eco roughly 1.2-1.4 (The Ecos sit a little lower already) but like he said it's not a bad idea to get them done yet if the thought of coilovers ever crossed you're mind like they did mine I wouldn't even worry about upgrading the other stuff with the springs because you'll be replacing it twice.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
^ For sure... Even a set of Ksports aren't bad either those run around 800

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
The only point of doing coilovers on the bilstein is to adjust ride height theres no camber caster adjustment so unless you plan on tracking the car at least once a month. You might think your willing to adjust ride height in the begining but trust me it gets old fast...After the third time I said f it on my cobalt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Disregard the last comment.. I found out... the B6 is for non-lowered set ups and the B8 is for coil set up. Now, to just price everything and see if it is cost effective to get the Eibachs and Billstein B8's or to just get the B14 kit..

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
so would these be good for stock ride height? I want better handling and a good ride. I know that stiffer shocks will give better handling and take away from the ride ( i am fine with this ) i would like adjustable shocks but thats later

these are good yes? for stock setup?
Bilstein®B6 Series Havy Duty Shocks

·
Registered
142 Posts
My 1LT dropped roughly 1.5-1.8 inches with Eibachs. Been going for a little over 10k on them and the shocks still seem to be going good, but the rear feels bouncy at times on the highway. Most likely going with Ksports this spring

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.