Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

Finally got the new sound system installed and some other cosmetics done to my car, sound system is just a placeholder until I either upgrade to two SA-12's + custom box or stick with one sub and get a very nice custom box to go along with it. Seeing ~135dB on this small amp and prefab box, was told if I get a custom box it will be even better. Already getting window flex and very hard mirror rattle on just this setup so I may just stick with single sub setup in a custom box double the volume of my current prefab.

List of everything I got done this weekend:

Sound System (for now):
- Pioneer AVH-X490BS Headunit
- Sundown Audio SA-12 REV.3 Subwoofer
- Rockford Fosgate Prime 500W Amplifier
- BB12-200V Box
- KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4ga Amplifier Kit

Headlights:
- Spec-D Aftermarket Projector Headlights (with Philips Crystalvision Ultra bulbs, not stock)

Interior LED Kit:
- OPT7 Aura RGB (can change to any color)

Youtube Videos of the system:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVyjStaxPOk
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3DCLFw8Mg

Various Pictures:
ORIGINALHEADLIGHTS.jpg HEADLIGHT2.jpg HEADLIGHT1.jpg 21389187_1901278593220062_1904914835_o.jpg
21291900_1901278639886724_1589151110_n.jpg

LED kit picture may be bad quality but eh, friend who did the install tucked all wires for sound system and LED lights, can't see a single one, VERY happy with the results.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did you have the stock 7" screen? It looks like the new deck is where the stock stereo button go so if I upgraded would I have two screens? Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have the stock 7" screen? It looks like the new deck is where the stock stereo button go so if I upgraded would I have two screens? Lol

Yep, when you install an aftermarket headunit in the Cruze you keep the upper screen. I bought the cheapest wiring harness available GMC-044, which loses functionality in the upper screen. HOWEVER if you buy the next level wiring harness up which is ~$100 you keep power to that screen and a lot of headunits display their brand on the upper screen as a placeholder (so if I bought an Alpine headunit and that harness, the Alpine logo would be on the upper screen), kind of cool really but meaningless to me so I saved $70~ and went with the cheap harness.

My stock stereo was just the buttons, here I'll edit the OP with a picture of my original dash.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep, when you install an aftermarket headunit in the Cruze you keep the upper screen. I bought the cheapest wiring harness available GMC-044, which loses functionality in the upper screen. HOWEVER if you buy the next level wiring harness up which is ~$100 you keep power to that screen and a lot of headunits display their brand on the upper screen as a placeholder (so if I bought an Alpine headunit and that harness, the Alpine logo would be on the upper screen), kind of cool really but meaningless to me so I saved $70~ and went with the cheap harness.

My stock stereo was just the buttons, here I'll edit the OP with a picture of my original dash.
Thanks for the reply, it's looking good man. And I can vouch for Sundown audio products. I had a single x15 in a custom box and that thing was amazing lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts