Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give anyone looking for a 1.4 a heads up. In Waterford Michigan a place called Schrams Auto Parts has 3 take out 1.4 turbo engines with 4 miles on them. Intake to oil pan. All sensors, injectors, throttle body and turbo included. Schrams is a late model salvage part store that deals primarily in GM products. I've bought a few engines from them for other vehicles in the past. They come fully plugged and palleted. There's a $50 core on the engine itself and a $25 core on the pallet. Basically a brand new drop in and go setup for $1300. Great to deal with and they stand behind the parts that they sell. There number is 248-673-5700.

No I don't work for them. And I am not trying to plug there business. I just thought that was a heck of a deal if someone was in need of an engine for their Cruze. Hope this helps

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good to know. Wonder if they have other Cruze parts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They most certainly do. Also, The "You Pull And Save" in Pontiac has 5 first gen's with minorish front end damage. You Pull is a Schrams affiliate

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like a good deal...is this a you pick yard, or will they ship an engine to my house? Any idea if there is much difference between 2018 engine and the 2012 I will be removing? Problem talking to ECM?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Schrams is not a "you pull" yard. They do offer shipping. and I am not sure if Gen 1 and Gen 2 engines are interchangeable

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
GEN 1 and GEN 2 are completely different engines, from block materials, sensors, turbo design, oil filter layout nearly everything. GEN 1 standard fuel injection, GEN 2 direct Injection.

And why would you put a GEN 1 engine in a GEN 2 car? GEN 2 engine has slightly better specs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts