Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Chevy cruze 1.4l turbo 6 speed
So I recently had a mechanic take a look at my car, and do the timing chain and the clutch. The clutch turned out fine, and that's no problem. However, when he had finished up the car it acted a little weird. For example, the radiator fan would stay on when I turn the car off and take the keys out. That had never happened before. Next, when it sat and idled with the ac on, it would surge from 600 to 900 continuously. It also had the codes for "crank correlation and cam correlation" So I later took it to him and had him take a look at it and he ended up taking it all apart to make sure it was in time, then put it all back together. He said the pcv hose was bad and he could out his fi her over the leak and it would make it run fine. So i bought the pcv valve tubing that goes to the side of the valve cover. Everything went on there nicely. However, now it runs much much worse than before. It now surges unprompted, and itsnt safe to drive. It still has the same codes. I'm livid, and he says to take it to a Chevy dealer. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
My only idea, the guy who fixed your car broke it. Is he licensed, does he guarantee his work, do you have a State Automotive Bureau? In the mean time go to a GM Dealer for your best results

1 - 2 of 2 Posts