Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 RS sedan and am looking to get new tires before winter hit. I just recently started a new job where I have to drive about 80 miles a day to and from work. The drive takes me up near Cleveland Ohio so I should see a decent amount of snow with the lake effect. I cant really afford to get winter snow tires and some steelies for winter being money is tight at the moment. Any suggestions on tires that should be decent in snow and last awhile should be great.

I have been looking at the Firestone Weathergrip tires. Anyone here every use those and how were they?

·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
1,454 Posts
Goodyear Assurance Weather-Ready. They are a 65,000 mile all-season tire and Severe Snow Service Certified. You don't want to use winter tires all year around. The dry pavement during the summer will reduce a winter ties life because the tread compound is so soft.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had blizzaks and liked them, but they wore a bit quicker than I would have liked. I'm very happy with my General Arctics. Performance is just about on par with blizzak, but they last much longer. I had a set on my 2011 that went 35K before I bought new. I also put them on my wife's Camry Hybrid. Bottom line is that virtually all winter tires will outperform all-season, and they are much safer. So regardless of the price, buy some. Remember, your summer tires will get a rest for a few thousand miles, so it will be in therory longer before you need to upgrade them as well. Factor that into your purchase.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I put on a set of Firestone Fuel Fighters 80,000 miles ago (70k tire) and still have almost 5/32 of tread left. Do the math. Not bad for a $115 tire. Note, that I am about 90% highway (30k/year).

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Vredestein Quatrac Pro are another all season tires with a severe snow service rating. But they are notably less expensive than the Goodyear's, and I don't think the Goodyear even come in size for gen2 17s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts