Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just bought a 2017 Cruze Premier and it is also my first Chevy. I've always been a Ford guy and when the time came to get a new car, I drove a ford and it didn't do anything for me. It was kind of a big leap to look at a Chevy but so far I'm loving the car. I may end up a full convert.

So far I removed the dealer badge and the dealer plate frames, changed out all of the interior bulbs to white/light blue, and temporarily put black vinyl over the gold part of the bowties (front/back/steering wheel). I'm planning on removing the back bowtie altogether and painting the other two, its juts too cold up in WI to do that already (praying for a warm day or two) and getting the windows tinted 20% all around.

One thing I'm missing is HomeLink. I've been looking into rearview mirrors that have it but can't figure out how to get the covers that are around the existing mirror off. To be fair, I haven't really tried much, afraid I'll pull them off the wrong way and break them. Does anyone know how to remove those on a newer Cruze?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Bumper Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Chevrolet

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Congrats! I love my Premier.

I've actually heard of a lot of die-hard Ford owners that have come over to the Cruze instead of buying a Focus (can't say I blame them). We've had 3 Ford SUVs in our family too...IMO, they have a very strong crossover lineup, and the Fusion's a great car, but the Focus is really, really dated right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello and welcome , I will say that the focus is a sharp looking car , so is the Cruze ! But The interior is absolutely awful in the focus it looks like a recycleing bin .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I about lost it when the salesman was bragging about the manual pump mechanism you have to use to raise/lower the seat in the focus. It was the highest trim level too!

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
COLD? It’s still in the low 100’s out here, send some cool out our way.

Looking good...Next step, window tint.

Congratulations and welcome, happy Cruzin!

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts

That's the only good thing I can say about Bradley, they sold all CRUZEs tinted! Here in California tinting regulations are ridiculous, same with our Gun and Plastic Grocery bag laws. By the way, California never eliminated the Plastic bag, they just cost a dime now and are made like 10 times thicker. These things are deadly to wildlife and are not biodegradable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You can have it. It was 35 when I left for work this morning... Tint is definitely high on my list of things to do next.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,172 Posts
its juts too cold up in WI to do that already (praying for a warm day or two)
Where in WI?

One thing I'm missing is HomeLink. I've been looking into rearview mirrors that have it but can't figure out how to get the covers that are around the existing mirror off. To be fair, I haven't really tried much, afraid I'll pull them off the wrong way and break them. Does anyone know how to remove those on a newer Cruze?

View attachment 245402 View attachment 245410 View attachment 245418

[h=1]Installed a Homelink module in the Overhead Console[/h]

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
So @NuttyOpossum, I’ve always wondered if it’s pronounced:

uh-possum
or
‘possum

Maybe we need a Poll? LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.