Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the cruze forum got my cruze in 2012 love it Im having a strange issue not sure where start. Dealership thinks I'm crazy now...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive me I didn't say what my car was doing first I want to say that absolutely have loved my cruze from day 1, I have a 2012 cruze with 43313 miles on it. I have only had o e issue other then what happened today and the dealership was awesome and fix the problem fast with no charge. Today I got in to head to work and the car would not start it had power the radio and other functions came on the warning lights said a few things needed service like power steering. When I turned the key to the off position the cd I had in the radio ejected. Never saw that happen before. In a hurry I had my roomate take me to work and called the dealership. They said they have no idea but to bring it in and they can check it out. I get home jump in turn the key and it starts no warning lights nothing so I decided to hit my on star and they helped me with my roadside. So I'm having it towed because I'm afraid to drive it not knowing what is wrong. I read that a few people have lost power steering while driving or power so I don't want to risk it. I call the dealership and notify them it's on they way. So they ask again the problem and from the tone they service member had he thinks I'm crazy. Sigh I was wondering if anyone has had a problem such as this and if so what was the issue. I love my car but worried it's not covered under warranty and that it's going to cost me :(

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your issues. The Cruze is extremely computer oriented and I've heard of a lot of strange behavior happening when the battery starts dying. I would start by having the battery tested/replaced. If you continue having issues then you can continue troubleshooting but many electrical problems can be solved by replacing the battery. There's also a TSB about a loose negative battery cable crimp that might be worth checking as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
Welcome and I would definitely check what others mentioned about the loose battery cable TSB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts