Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Angie. I found this forum while searching for a trunk latch replacement part.
I bought a 2011 cruz a little over a year ago. It has the most basic features with no add ons. No cruise control, nothing. I didn't care when I bought it because it had less than 20, 000 miles on it and was priced "ok." I'm a single mom and can't afford any luxuries. I just needed something reliable. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong car.
After owning the car for less than a week, the transmission started slipping. I drove a loaner for two weeks while the dealership fixed it. Finally got it back, drove it for two weeks and the air conditioner and wouldn't work. Drove a loaner for almost 3 weeks. No big deal.
I drive it for around 3 months. Then the defrost/ heater doesn't work. This time the dealership didn't have any loaners but said it would only take a day to fix the problem. I had to get rides to and from work for a week. Each day i'd stop in asking if it was done or if I could at least get a loaner. Nope, all the loaners were being used.
I finally got too fed up and "tried" demanding a loaner. Nope, didn't work. I can be a bit stubborn and after a week without a car, I was pretty mad. So I planted my butt in a chair and waited till closing time. That finally got their attention.
They can't close with customers there and I was dropped off so I had no way to leave without a car. Amazingly, they somehow found a loaner that had been "overlooked" and had been sitting in the parking lot the whole time. I drove that for two days before getting my car back.
Its been just over a year and I've been dealing with the same thing the whole time.
The heater works only when it wants to and the transmission revs too high before it kicks into gear. It also jerks when shifting between gears mostly when its cold or after it's been driven for a couple hours without being shut off.
I've brought it in to the dealership and get it back without anything being fixed. I'm fed up, tired and exhausted from dealing with it all. Driving to and from work in -19º temps is not fun but I can't afford another car and of course my car loan is greater than the trade in value so I'm stuck with my "lemon".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same problems with no solutions

Hello, my name is Angie. I found this forum while searching for a trunk latch replacement part. I bought a 2011 cruz a little over a year ago. It has the most basic features with no add ons. No cruise control, nothing. I didn't care when I bought it because it had less than 20, 000 miles on it and was priced "ok." I'm a single mom and can't afford any luxuries. I just needed something reliable. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong car. After owning the car for less than a week, the transmission started slipping. I drove a loaner for two weeks while the dealership fixed it. Finally got it back, drove it for two weeks and the air conditioner and wouldn't work. Drove a loaner for almost 3 weeks. No big deal. I drive it for around 3 months. Then the defrost/ heater doesn't work. This time the dealership didn't have any loaners but said it would only take a day to fix the problem. I had to get rides to and from work for a week. Each day i'd stop in asking if it was done or if I could at least get a loaner. Nope, all the loaners were being used. I finally got too fed up and "tried" demanding a loaner. Nope, didn't work. I can be a bit stubborn and after a week without a car, I was pretty mad. So I planted my butt in a chair and waited till closing time. That finally got their attention. They can't close with customers there and I was dropped off so I had no way to leave without a car. Amazingly, they somehow found a loaner that had been "overlooked" and had been sitting in the parking lot the whole time. I drove that for two days before getting my car back. Its been just over a year and I've been dealing with the same thing the whole time. The heater works only when it wants to and the transmission revs too high before it kicks into gear. It also jerks when shifting between gears mostly when its cold or after it's been driven for a couple hours without being shut off. I've brought it in to the dealership and get it back without anything being fixed. I'm fed up, tired and exhausted from dealing with it all. Driving to and from work in -19º temps is not fun but I can't afford another car and of course my car loan is greater than the trade in value so I'm stuck with my "lemon"

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Who did you buy it from and what dealership in Grand Rapids is servicing it?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Duplicate threads merged.

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
As Tomko posted, which dealership has been servicing it? It may be worth a trip to another dealership or a reputable private mechanic shop to see if something is being overlooked.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Whatever dealership it is, you need to find another one that will actually help you. Transmission could just be low on fluid.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
That ordeal does sound like a nightmare, and I agree with the others that another dealer would certainly be worth looking into.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called gm headquarters and talked to them. They apologized and offered me a $1500 credit towards a NEW gm vehicle. I tried explaining that I don't need compensation, I just need the car i bought to be fixed. I thought i was buying a reliable vehicle to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I called gm headquarters and talked to them. They apologized and offered me a $1500 credit towards a NEW gm vehicle. I tried explaining that I don't need compensation, I just need the car i bought to be fixed. I thought i was buying a reliable vehicle to begin with.
Thanks for getting back to us Angie.

Honestly, $1,500 is a pretty generous offer given that you're not the original owner of your vehicle.

Understand your desire to have reliable transport. I demand the same for myself.

Why not look to see if you can pick up an unsold 2015 on clearance, use your 2011 as a trade in and add the $1,500 credit?

You'd be off to a fresh start and with a vehicle four years newer with all the bugs sorted out.

Reactions: jsusanka

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would be great except for the fact that I owe almost $6000 more on the 2011 than trade in value. I've brought it to several dealers and they've all given me close to the same offer.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Hello Angie, welcome to CruzeTalk Community Forums. I hate to hear your trouble w/ your Cruze - but you have came to the right place these guys/gals here can offer up some of the best assistance here. I too have a 2011 Cruze w/ many issues!

Hello, my name is Angie. I found this forum while searching for a trunk latch replacement part.
I bought a 2011 cruz a little over a year ago. It has the most basic features with no add ons. No cruise control, nothing. I didn't care when I bought it because it had less than 20, 000 miles on it and was priced "ok." I'm a single mom and can't afford any luxuries. I just needed something reliable. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong car.
After owning the car for less than a week, the transmission started slipping. I drove a loaner for two weeks while the dealership fixed it. Finally got it back, drove it for two weeks and the air conditioner and wouldn't work. Drove a loaner for almost 3 weeks. No big deal.
I drive it for around 3 months. Then the defrost/ heater doesn't work. This time the dealership didn't have any loaners but said it would only take a day to fix the problem. I had to get rides to and from work for a week. Each day i'd stop in asking if it was done or if I could at least get a loaner. Nope, all the loaners were being used.
I finally got too fed up and "tried" demanding a loaner. Nope, didn't work. I can be a bit stubborn and after a week without a car, I was pretty mad. So I planted my butt in a chair and waited till closing time. That finally got their attention.
They can't close with customers there and I was dropped off so I had no way to leave without a car. Amazingly, they somehow found a loaner that had been "overlooked" and had been sitting in the parking lot the whole time. I drove that for two days before getting my car back.
Its been just over a year and I've been dealing with the same thing the whole time.
The heater works only when it wants to and the transmission revs too high before it kicks into gear. It also jerks when shifting between gears mostly when its cold or after it's been driven for a couple hours without being shut off.
I've brought it in to the dealership and get it back without anything being fixed. I'm fed up, tired and exhausted from dealing with it all. Driving to and from work in -19º temps is not fun but I can't afford another car and of course my car loan is greater than the trade in value so I'm stuck with my "lemon".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.