Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to CruzeTalk. I don't even have a Cruze yet. But I did place a deposit to build one.

If it matters, my other vehicle is the Cruze's predecessor.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

A former cobalt owner?

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to CruzeTalk. I don't even have a Cruze yet. But I did place a deposit to build one.

If it matters, my other vehicle is the Cruze's predecessor.
Yes, what was the “predecessor?”

Welcome and congrats on your soon to be built Cruze!

·
10,712 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I'm still a current Cobalt owner. It's just past 316,000 miles. I replaced the original clutch last year with one from Southbend. And now the replacement is toasted. I'm looking for something reliable to drive and comfortable for lots of commuting miles.

I believe if I replaced the clutch with a different brand or from a different batch, then I'd still be driving the Cobalt. But it's in the garage waiting for me to swap the clutch disc and flywheel friction ring.

I still expect it to get to 400,000 miles without any major issues. And it's been through a lot of abuse: track days, towing, and shenanigans. Original engine with original timing chain, alternator, and water pump. I am on my 2nd battery - just replaced the OEM one last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.