Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2015 Chevy cruze ltz two months ago with 37000 plus miles on it when I got it and I have rough idling under 1000 rpm 2 months later, when I filled the gas tank it sputter and stalls. It drives after several times of cutting car on. Im thinking its pcv valve. I get the codes of p1171 and p1101 when I did diagnostics. I'm lost on what should I do. (Already cleaned the maf sensor no change)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I take it to the non Chevy dealer I got it from or a Chevy close to me? I have a 24 mos./24000 miles warranty on the car

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Should be at a Chevy dealer since they 1: Know of this issue and know what is to be done and 2: Your car is still within the Chevrolet Powertrain Warranty.

There is a strong possibility the failure is a failed burst diaphragm in the cam cover (pcv) and also a strong possibility the failure was caused by a failed check valve built into the intake manifold.
Both components and related labor fall under Powertrain.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
took the car to a Chevy dealer and it was the purge solenoid being stuck open that was causing the problem. it was covered under the emission part of the warranty and i didn't have to pay anything and was fixed within an hour.
Perfect.
Thanks for the follow up!

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts