Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I've been a diesel driver for over 7 years now but I have very much wanted a domestically made diesel car since I heard that there was going to be a diesel version of the Cruze sometime around 2013. This last Tuesday I finally made that happen. Cheers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how informed are you aboot the car in general and your car specifically?

over under for emissions CEL is 30 days

i say under
Ha! I've been lurking here and reading and reading for a while now. I think I may have some more time than that for any emissions crap. As far as I know Illinois does not do emissions testing on diesel cars so I may turn my vehicle in to an off-road car.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Ha! I've been lurking here and reading and reading for a while now. I think I may have some more time than that for any emissions crap. As far as I know Illinois does not do emissions testing on diesel cars so I may turn my vehicle in to an off-road car.
copy that

its just that several members got rid of their cars because of problems, then theres new members with used cars they got a great deal on.....we shouldve tracked the vins to see who got whos cars.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Gen 1 CTD.

Sold my 09 TDI and went with the ‘14 CTD in March. After 13,000 miles no CELs (knock on wood). Just a failed water pump covered by warranty.

I’ll take the potential emissions issues vs HPFP or DSG failures any day.

Happy Cruzin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Happy Cruzin.
That is one of the reasons why I stayed away from VW's. It is a big change going from my all mechanical 80's Mercedes diesel to the New Hotness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Gen 1 CTD.

Sold my 09 TDI and went with the ‘14 CTD in March. After 13,000 miles no CELs (knock on wood). Just a failed water pump covered by warranty.

Happy Cruzin.
38000 miles on my 14. Problems so far :
Drivers window fuzzy came loose
Bowtie on grill delamanated
Def tank heater failed
Left rear caliper siezed
Covered by warranty.
On my dime:
Rodents chewed through the return line from the injectors causing it to barely run.
Also filled the heater box with acorns when trying to change cabin air filter

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome aboard. Bought my 2015 new two years ago. 56K with no CEL's (Knock on wood) or out of pocket expense other than maintenance, Happy Cruzen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else with the Cruze diesel has had any issues with their battery weakening after 120000 miles. I am driving in mid western Ontario and the temperatures have just begun cooling down. When trying to start remotely on the weekend, it failed and the battery was basically drained. I charged for over 12 hours and it started back up without issue. I'm just wondering if I should be looking to get a new battery or if someone else has seen this issue before.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else with the Cruze diesel has had any issues with their battery weakening after 120000 miles. I am driving in mid western Ontario and the temperatures have just begun cooling down. When trying to start remotely on the weekend, it failed and the battery was basically drained. I charged for over 12 hours and it started back up without issue. I'm just wondering if I should be looking to get a new battery or if someone else has seen this issue before.
common complaint on here, lotsa threads aboot it.

mines still OG

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
common complaint on here, lotsa threads aboot it.

mines still OG
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-g...scussion/155881-factory-battery-replaced.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
over under for emissions CEL is 30 days

i say under
Interestingly enough I did get a DEF light on today with a poor quality DEF message. Man that is annoying. Turns out that all the New Hotness needed was a gallon of DEF and 20 minutes of highway driving with the RPM's between 3500 and 4000.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition. We bought our 2014 CTD this past March as a Certified Pre-Owned with 11K miles. Yes, I highly recommend the off road race conversion. I waited to buy ours until the conversion was available. All your troubles will go away and your MPG will go up by 3-5 MPG. We routinely achieve 55 MPG on the hwy. Just got back from a trip to Orlando. Memphis to Orlando without a fill up and an overall hand calculated average of 53.5 MPG @ 70 MPH.

We bought the CTD to be our beater. Since March we have racked up over 19k trouble free miles. Well, my wife did have a blow out a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, I also did the Verano spare conversion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts