Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum, and brand new to the Cruze. I just picked up a 2012 Eco about 2 days ago from a non-GM dealership to save on MPGs while traveling over the summer. Check engine light was on, but hey, it can't be that bad right? ;) I found this forum thanks to Google, and P0106, P015B, P0171, P1101. I've done my research on here, and hope I can find a reputable, and reliable dealership to get this thing in to ASAP. Scary that I don't know how long this issue has been here, nor if any permanent damage is done because of it. I've ordered a new set of 0.7 gapped 41-121 plugs as well, thanks to the search feature. I also noticed my coolant reservoir was empty. Strange, I see no coolant on the ground. SEARCH feature again! Looks like this car has issues with the w/p and gasket. Great!! A lot of issues for a car I just got. I also found out there is an open recall for reprogramming the ECM / PCM. Well, I'm here, and I appreciate this forum! Lots of helpful information here! Just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself, as well as my "new" car! Cruze on!

13423844_10206720927007355_9008291206501798897_n.jpg 13407070_10206720926807350_8602206608876108874_n.jpg

·
Registered
294 Posts
Welcome to the forum it looks like you have done some research for your issues. Once you get it fixed I think you will be happy with your purchase and the MPG your eco will get.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
The list of codes leads me to think your PCV valve/camshaft cover needs to be replaced - powertrain.

Refill the coolant and watch it. The water pump is covered for 150,000 miles/10 years.

Is this a manual or an automatic? The manuals didn't have the ECM recall. Run the VIN through https://my.gm.com/recalls to get the full list of open recalls on the car. The 2012 ECO MT has been pretty recall free but I don't know about the automatic.

Also, that car has had some body work done - the rear lower panel isn't stock. It looks like the RS lower panel.

My ECO MT has been reasonably trouble free, except for tires. I keep running over crap on the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Thats too bad you have to put all that work into a car you just got but its well worth it.
Thank you. This has been a great help! I agree, it's a lot of research, and effort for a car I just got. I hope GM does me right, and gets her fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum it looks like you have done some research for your issues. Once you get it fixed I think you will be happy with your purchase and the MPG your eco will get.
I sure hope so. I do like the car! I'm a big fan of "search". LOL. I hate asking questions that have already been answered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The list of codes leads me to think your PCV valve/camshaft cover needs to be replaced - powertrain.

Refill the coolant and watch it. The water pump is covered for 150,000 miles/10 years.

Is this a manual or an automatic? The manuals didn't have the ECM recall. Run the VIN through https://my.gm.com/recalls to get the full list of open recalls on the car. The 2012 ECO MT has been pretty recall free but I don't know about the automatic.

Also, that car has had some body work done - the rear lower panel isn't stock. It looks like the RS lower panel.

My ECO MT has been reasonably trouble free, except for tires. I keep running over crap on the road.
I agree it is most likely the cam cover / PCV system. This is the automatic transaxle. It for sure does have an open recall on it at this time. Thanks for pointing out the rear RS panel. I had no idea. CarFax shows no accidents, etc. Very strange!

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update: Hudiburg Chevy at 6000 Tinker Diagonal in Midwest City will be taking her in tomorrow at 10AM. They were GREAT! He found a coolant leak at the thermostat housing, a vacuum leak in the intake manifold, and a vacuum leak in the cam cover as well with no appointment, and no "real" diagnostic. He didn't even check the car in. Just popped the hood, and found these issues off the bat! Very nice! Tomorrow he will be taking it, and going over the whole car to see if anything else under warranty needs replaced. He was also nice enough to offer me a loaner car while mine is in for service! Loving this dealership! I'll update when it's all fixed, and returned to me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so here's what they found, and how it all worked out. Chevy found the entire intake needed replaced. That included the injectors, rail, everything. The valve cover needed replaced as well. The coolant bypass hose had to be replaced, as well as the spark plugs, and the thermostat housing. I was charged a diag fee of $139.00 due to a random misfire which was found to be autolite plugs as the culprit. I was charged $22 for a hose. $60 labor to install my AC 121 plugs. Just shy of $250 for everything. They even gave me a free loaner 2015 Terrain for 2 days while the work was being completed. They were SUPER FAST, friendly, and competent! I am a VERY happy customer. My Cruze runs, and drives GREAT NOW!

Reactions: obermd
1 - 12 of 12 Posts