Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Super glad to have found this site. I got a deal on a rust colored base model 6MT Cruze from a friend of mine who works at a GMC dealership; they'd taken it as a trade and couldn't get rid of it. Yours truly picked it up for nearly cost and I'm quite pleased with it.

There are a few things I'd like to do with it. For one, the manual transmission is a complete dog. It grinds, is messy, throws me out of gear now and again... I found I'm not the only one. Next time it goes in for service, it's coming out with the better fluid.

I'm in this car a lot. I've put over 10k miles on it in the last 4 or 5 months and it's starting to wear on me. I could use some better seats, and cruise control would be fantastic. What's the best way of going about that?

Infotainment is lacking, for now I've fitted an android tablet to the dashboard and through some tinkering gotten it more or less working fine. As long as it isn't stolen while I'm at work, all will be well.

I have to be honest, my only real gripe with it is how bloody slow it is. 0 to 60 in 10 seconds is just ludicrous. I hope I can bolt a turbo on sooner or later, but if not, I hear tell the LS from the most recent Monte Carlo would bolt in nicely...

All in all, I'm pleased with the purchase. Thanks for reading! I look forward to hanging out here.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Welcome.

Yeah, switch the trans fluid to Amsoil 75W-90 if you don't live somewhere that gets below 0*F in winters; stick with the Amsoil Synchromesh otherwise.

Cruise - you can buy a steering wheel w/ cruise buttons and have it programmed by a dealer.

Power - not much that you can really do (a turbo build is expensive, and the 1.8 can't handle much boost whatsoever). BNR offers a tune for the 1.8 that supposedly improves drivability a fair bit, though.

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome.

Yeah, switch the trans fluid to Amsoil 75W-90 if you don't live somewhere that gets below 0*F in winters; stick with the Amsoil Synchromesh otherwise.

Cruise - you can buy a steering wheel w/ cruise buttons and have it programmed by a dealer.

Power - not much that you can really do (a turbo build is expensive, and the 1.8 can't handle much boost whatsoever). BNR offers a tune for the 1.8 that supposedly improves drivability a fair bit, though.
This but usually the dealer is now making you buy it from them as a kit just so they can have a set of "Magical numbers" to unlock it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts