Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

New to me 2014 Cruze 2014 Manual trans question

735 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  BrandoFisher117
This has been re-posted from the Gen1/manual transmission thread. Didn't get any responses so I thought I would try here.

Hello, new owner of a new-to-me 2014 Cruze LT, 1.4l turbo, 6 speed manual with 21,000 miles. I've been reading a few threads about changing out the manual transmission oil with Amsoil synchromesh and decided to do it because I'm a maintenance stickler I guess. Read where they originally filled them with 1.6 quarts IIRC and that has been upped to 2.32. Standard practice is 2.5 quart so I bought 3 quarts of Amsoil and set out to do it.

Wanted to see how much was factory filled so I caught the used oil in a fresh container. Measured it and I dumped out 3.25 quarts! I even spilled a little bit so it could be pressing 3.5. Is this the new norm for the factory fill?

I went ahead and dumped all three quarts in and plan on adding another half quart. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or am I a one off?

I doubt that the trans oil has been changed as I bought the car off of a lease trade-in and the drain plug had it's factory thread sealant on it. Oil didn't seem foamy or anything but not sure if an overfill would cause that in a manual. Anyways, what do you guys think? Loving the car so far. Want it to last.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.