Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Chevrolet cruze

I recently purchased a 2014 Cruze LTZ with 36k miles on it.
Really enjoying the car the past couple of weeks, hope she takes care of me as much as I will take care of her.
It is a Certified-pre owned vehicle so the Powertrain warranty is until 2020.
I've already tinted the back windows, changed the interior lights with LEDs, and changed the halogens to some Philips extreme power halogens (I feel like they output more light without blinding oncoming traffic.). I come from mainly owning and modding Toyota/Scions so this will be my first American car.

Past cars I have had:

1990 Integra
2012 Scion TC
2014 Scion iQ
2016 Scion FR-S (Was t-boned & totaled)

I've been browsing the forums here and I really like the community support and advice, hoping to be able to add my own experiences soon too. Already started looking at the ZZP intake and I've also braced myself for known problems with the powertrain thanks to the forums.

Thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Welcome...
LTZ RS
I LOVE mine as you will yours!
Yeah ya should get the ZZP or a K&N intake, no questions there. I went with just the filter and love it! I just had gotten it for another car, soooooo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Welcome!

What brought you here after owning some relatively "fun" cars? (well, except the iQ :blowup:)

Seems a tune would be up your alley if you're wanting more fun out of this one ;)

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the community!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I would go through the TSBs and recall lists and make sure that all of your possible issues are taken care of. The "Pre-certified" warranty will probably run out quicker than you think. They extended mine a year so I assumed the mileage increased as well, but alas, it does not. The mileage stayed the same as the original warranty.

Don't get me wrong, I think so far as what I have seen that the 2014 model is the best.

Happy Moddin'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a post to look @ too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for the link, I really like what everyone's done with their Cruze!
I am going to look more into that bug guard, seems useful. I see your has a moon roof too, only thing I wish mine came with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome!

What brought you here after owning some relatively "fun" cars? (well, except the iQ :blowup:)

Seems a tune would be up your alley if you're wanting more fun out of this one ;)
Back when I had the iQ I was rear ended in it pretty hard which caused my iQ to be in the shop for about a month. During that month I was given a Cruze LTZ to use and I was impressed by it.

The FR-S and the tC are both really fun cars and great for track days, but I feel like the Cruze fits my life style more now as it's pretty fun to drive, comfortable, and versatile.

Its just something about it that gets me, while I am at work I sometimes long for another JDM car to throw around but once I get off of work and sit in my Cruze, I'm reminded that this is really great too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I would go through the TSBs and recall lists and make sure that all of your possible issues are taken care of. The "Pre-certified" warranty will probably run out quicker than you think. They extended mine a year so I assumed the mileage increased as well, but alas, it does not. The mileage stayed the same as the original warranty.

Don't get me wrong, I think so far as what I have seen that the 2014 model is the best.

Happy Moddin'

Thanks, I had checked and no issues had popped up yet.
I asked for all the service records since the dealership I got it from was also where it was leased and came with the 2 years of maintenance. I am definitely going to keep an eye out for any signs of upcoming issues; still getting use to the sounds and quirks of this vehicle though.

My past vehicles had issues too, so I'm not too bothered about having to be alert for known issues with the Cruze.

Just incase anyone is wondering,

My Scion tC's steering wheel shaft/column was not properly installed which caused it to snap within the first year I had it. The iQ's fuel injectors failed after about 2 years, and my FR-S had a recall for camshaft misalignment.

That and the FR-S/BRZ both suffer from a really annoying Chirp that never goes away due to a poor High pressure fuel pump, the community dubbed it "Crickets", its freaking loud too.

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Only semi annoying known issues with the 14 is if it was built prior to 28 February 2014. The trunk button is prone to fail from being in a wet environment. Who would ever think a trunk button on the outside of a car would be subjected to weather conditions?

Semi reliable way to tell you have the new style is if your key fob looks like this and has the words "HOLD" on it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine has been a very good car so far. '13 LTZ/RS, 73k miles and never been to dealer for anything. I have repaired a couple of items myself, that others may have carried to dealer to have done, but they were very minor issues. All vehicles have some issues of some kind, and some are worse than others. Just remember you have 10year/150k mile warranty on the water pump. This one seems to be a real problem with these cars. So far so good with mine, but I do check it often. I would buy another, and recommend to others, based off my experience with this '13 model. Just remember, people usually join a forum because they have a problem that they are trying to fix, which sometimes makes it look as if a car has more problems than it really does. A lot of these cars on the rode now, and maintenance is a key to the longevity of any vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forums. Only semi annoying known issues with the 14 is if it was built prior to 28 February 2014. The trunk button is prone to fail from being in a wet environment. Who would ever think a trunk button on the outside of a car would be subjected to weather conditions?

Semi reliable way to tell you have the new style is if your key fob looks like this and has the words "HOLD" on it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look out for any trunk release issues. My key fob has the hold on it but a vin Look up shows my car was shipped to the dealer late 2013. So here is hoping if it does fail, it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine has been a very good car so far. '13 LTZ/RS, 73k miles and never been to dealer for anything. I have repaired a couple of items myself, that others may have carried to dealer to have done, but they were very minor issues. All vehicles have some issues of some kind, and some are worse than others. Just remember you have 10year/150k mile warranty on the water pump. This one seems to be a real problem with these cars. So far so good with mine, but I do check it often. I would buy another, and recommend to others, based off my experience with this '13 model. Just remember, people usually join a forum because they have a problem that they are trying to fix, which sometimes makes it look as if a car has more problems than it really does. A lot of these cars on the rode now, and maintenance is a key to the longevity of any vehicle.
Thats great to hear, I am really enjoying the car so far and I understand people are more likely to speak up when there are issues rather then to compliment a vehicle, so its nice to read comments like yours where people express their enjoyment with the Cruze.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.