Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I am now not only a proud new member here, but the proud new owner of a '14 CTD - 42K on it. (I decided I wanted something better for my work commute of 37 miles with a 2000 ft elevation gain than my Suburban...)
So far, I am getting about 33 mpg average per tank. I'm not sure that it's the best it can do, but I do go up and down a pretty big mountain. So maybe? So far, I've learned (and applied) a lot from here.
I already replaced the oil and transmission fluid with AMSoil, replaced the air, oil and cabin filters with Wix and aired the tires up to 40. I'm also planning on getting the Continental Pure Contacts as I only have about 5/32 left on the current tires.
I already installed a dashcam, (Lukas 7950 with OBDII connector) a ScanGauge II, my Valentine One, and a Motorola Astra Spectra with a HHCH (handheld control head - all the controls / display is on the microphone, that's the only thing besides the speaker that's in the car - the radio itself is in the trunk) programmed to ham frequencies on VHF.
Looking forward to learning more about my new (to me) car and seeing what it'll do!
(and to all the folks that have already posted, thanks for the info!!)

·
Super Moderator
7,782 Posts
Welcome aboard BP!

That's quite the setup you describe there.

Where did you get your CTD and how did you find it?

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasn't too easy... I used a combo of Capital One (where I got the loan) and auto trader. I eventually found two of them about 3 and 4 hours away - went down one saturday, saw the first one, they wanted too much and wouldn't haggle - not even a little... so went to see the 2nd one, (they also didn't want to haggle, but I managed to get $5 anyhow... hey, something is better than nothing...) and signed the papers and drove it home*

* - I drove it a few miles to the restaurant for lunch and then a mile to the Sheetz station, then my wife drove it the rest of the way.

·
Super Moderator
7,782 Posts
Have you looked into GMEPP?

Which Amsoil didn't you go with?

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you looked into GMEPP?

Which Amsoil didn't you go with?
I have not... I'll have to check that out. I went with the Synthetic 5W-30 I-ESP Euro Oil and the Synthetic Fuel-Eff SS ATF. (as per the forum suggestions.)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. Congrats on your "new" diesel. You should be able to do better than 33 MPG once you get used to the car.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to CruzeTalk. Congrats on your "new" diesel. You should be able to do better than 33 MPG once you get used to the car.
Well, I've been slowly improving things - fluids, tires, going through the car / engine and checking everything. So hopefully... I will be going down towards Asheville NC tomorrow, mostly highway which I don't get to do often, so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the CTD. Sounds like you've done your homework! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts