Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! i have recently bought a 2014 LTZ RS and am loving it so far.
im looking forward to modding my new car. like most people i started researching aftermarket intakes for better performance. however after reading some here, doing the resonator delete with a K&N drop in will get me the same results. is that actually correct?

anyhow, im looking forward to learning with you guys!

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yeah pretty much the same results, many people prefer the look of the aftermarket cone filter and tubes though.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Welcome!

The best way to get more power is through a tune. Look around the vendor section for Bad News Racing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah yes, BNR. i have done a bit of research between them and the Trifecta. it seems to be a hands down decision that the BNR tune is much better...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the stock muffler for a 2014 LTZ RS automatic extremely restrictive on its air flow?
asking because on my previous vehicle after installing an intake and headers i could feel a slight back pressure due to its crappy OEM muffler. i didnt orignally want to change it because its difficult to find one that sounds good. regarding a muffler for the cruze, iv listened to several on youtube and i think the magnaflow 14805 sounds good. it was actually this youtube video with a cruze that mentions this board is how i found this place :) here is the video i am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7pZX-_w2Y

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
is the stock muffler for a 2014 LTZ RS automatic extremely restrictive on its air flow?
asking because on my previous vehicle after installing an intake and headers i could feel a slight back pressure due to its crappy OEM muffler. i didnt orignally want to change it because its difficult to find one that sounds good. regarding a muffler for the cruze, iv listened to several on youtube and i think the magnaflow 14805 sounds good. it was actually this youtube video with a cruze that mentions this board is how i found this place :) here is the video i am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7pZX-_w2Y
Not really, but tons do a full exhaust or muffler delete anyway. If you like the sound, by all means, go for it.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your mods, we have a lot of great members here to draw from.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Welcome First quick thing you can do to improve performance is to use premium fuel. Try running a few tanks of that, it tends to give the 1.4 turbo a little more umph and see how the car feels then before going all out and modding. I see you are from Ark that has warmer weather and the premium seems to definitely do more for performance in the warmer weather/climates. But tuning is definitely the way to wake the car up if that is what you want to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts