Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I'm Scott and I'm new here to the Cruze community. I currently own a 2006 Civic SI but I need something reliable and new. Originally, I was going to get a Focus ST, but things fell through with my apartment so I had to go with a different one and unfortunately, it costs more. So I'm unable to get a Focus ST. After some disappointed searching, I stumbled across this Cruze..

EDIT: Can't post links until I've posted 3 or more posts. Basically, it's a 2016 2nd Gen Cruze LT with the RS package. 6 speed manual, 8500 miles, $15k, Tungsten Metallic exterior, Jet Black interior.

It seems like a really great deal! I work at Avis (the car rental place), so I've driven quite a few of these and I love them. Obviously they aren't manuals, but I can't see it being much different. I've never owned a Chevy (born in a Ford family), but I'm always open minded and willing to try new things. This car seems very solid so I need your thoughts and opinions!

A few initial questions. Is this a good deal? What kind of aftermarket support is there for this platform (bigger turbo, bolt-ons, coils, etc)? Any known problems with these?

I appreciate all comments/questions/concerns, so feel free to say whatever!

Thanks in advance,
Scott :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Is it a good deal? It's up to you, does it seem fair to you? I have seen a couple locally, 16's, 2nd gen, Automatics going for $15k and $18k. One was LT, the other Premier, but both have over 15k miles. It seems about the going price, but realize they don't hold their value like Honda's. That's a 23k car new

Not much aftermarket support, yet. the 1st gen has quite a bit, but the 2nd gen is a new engine, so there's not much out here yet. Good luck, and enjoy the ride if you decide to get it.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

As far as the aftermarket, just look in our vendor area. There is a ton of stuff for the Gen I and slowly but surely the Gen II items are popping up. Mine is a former Hertz car and I love it. Happy moddin'!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome, I just purchased a 2014 cruze 1.4 2lt pretty much everything except a sun roof and the lower fog lights. The dealer wanted 14k for it and after taking a further look around the car, and driving it I told him I'd sign papers for 11k and drive it off that day. From what it sounds like, it's a good deal in my opinion. If the dealer is of larger volume, you can usually talk them down some, as they can easily replace the vehicle. Manuals are also always a blast to drive. Unfortunately mine is not, but I owned a 2004 accord that was a stick, and it's so much more fun to drive when your in control of shifting. If you were looking at an ST though I've seen some used go for 15k. I can't speak for the cleanliness though, but good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts