Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I've been mostly driving trucks for about the last 15 years. I just bought a new 2013 Cruze ECO a few days ago. I've been driving it around and have to admit... the little turbo 4cyl with the 6 speed stick shift is pretty fun. It's a lot more than I expected. I was looking for a good commute car since my 6.0L 2500HD truck gets about 10.5MPG. I intended on a used car but this was the same price although not at all what I wanted. I never thought I'd like a 4 cylinder car. I test drove it. It felt good. It made sense. I bought it. It's all stock so you dont need a pic, but its the red one. I probably won't go overboard with it but I'd like tinted windows, different wheels, a 1.2" drop, CAI seems like it's not much better than taking out the resonator and adding a drop in panel K&N, and maybe some exhaust. Well thats about all I have to say. I just thought I'd check in.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Be sure to check your spark plug gap! Congrats on the new cruze! I love this car lol

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your new ECO MT.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Welcome to the forums pal, everything you have stated is in full detail on this forum if you would like to use the search bubble :) and good luck with your build, pictures help tons!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I feel your pain w/the truck situation. I got mine for the same reason and have only driven my truck once in the past 4 weeks! The cruze is pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Congrats & Welcome to the forums!
If you want to lower the car, you will have to get Coilovers, as springs will not lower the Eco any farther.
A full intake is good if you want to hear the turbo & BPV more. If you don't care about that, then just do the Resonator delete, but leave the OE filter, it is MUCH better than a K&N filter.
For exhaust, you can just remove the muffler for a good deep sound. If you want to open the exhaust for performance, then you need a full turbo-back (down pipe, mid-pipe & cat-back) system.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you want to lower the car, you will have to get Coilovers, as springs will not lower the Eco any farther.
That's good to know. Thats been the main thing I was looking for. Sounds like it's low enough since the coilovers costs a bit more than it's worth to me.

A full intake is good if you want to hear the turbo & BPV more. If you don't care about that, then just do the Resonator delete, but leave the OE filter, it is MUCH better than a K&N filter.
I would not have thought the OEM filter would be better. I guess we can all fall for the marketing every now and then.

For exhaust, you can just remove the muffler for a good deep sound. If you want to open the exhaust for performance, then you need a full turbo-back (down pipe, mid-pipe & cat-back) system.
I was just thinking of replacing the OEM muff with a flowmaster 1 chamber. Sounds good on my truck.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

·
10,712 Posts
The K&N filtration is questionable and most people will end up over oiling it when they clean it. When you wash the K&N it looks pink, it's only natural for you to try and oil it just enough all the pink turns red again like when you got it new.

Unless you get the coilovers with multiple range of adjustments, you may not like what you get on a daily driven setup. If you aren't going to track the car, money invested on the really great and expensive coilovers(when adjusted right) isn't the best. Stay away from any cheap eBay "coilovers" that are a spring and a sleeve setup to modify your factory struts.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
^ yesss!!! stay away from those ebay coilovers and my best suggestion are the BC & KW coilovers. Myself has been on DGRs Track Kit from 2011 without a single problem however I know I could get my car running a bit smoother. KW is my next kit trying to work out a custom spring rate as we speak. You don't really sound too concerned about the suspension anyways, just tune her! :) you will be satisfied!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ yesss!!! stay away from those ebay coilovers and my best suggestion are the BC & KW coilovers. Myself has been on DGRs Track Kit from 2011 without a single problem however I know I could get my car running a bit smoother. KW is my next kit trying to work out a custom spring rate as we speak. You don't really sound too concerned about the suspension anyways, just tune her! :) you will be satisfied!
I just wish it was an ince lower really but its not worth $1000. Intake, exhaust and tune will be fine for me. The usual stuff lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts