Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am new to this forum, and I am hoping to learn a few things about the Cruze while I'm here. At the moment I drive a 2014 Mustang V6 Full bolt-on aprox 295 rwhp, 285 tq, as fun as my car has been to drive, due to car payment,insurance,and gas costs, I have decided that I am going to downgrade to a sedan of some sort. The ones I am looking at so far are the Chevy Cruze 2lt 1.4 turbo, or Dodge Dart limited 1.4 turbo. I am not here to start a discussion about which is better, as I have done some lurking on both forums so far, and they both have their pros and cons from what I have gathered, I am more interested in the availability and quality of mods available for each platform. I fully understand that these cars are not sports cars like I am used to having, but even so I will probably install the minor bolt-ons such as exhaust,tune,cai, and upgraded turbo components if needed. I am unfamiliar with this platform, so I am not sure what the capabilities are, but I would like to see close to 200hp and torque if possible, without causing too much stress on the internals. I appreciate as much help as you all are willing to give, and yes I do know how to use the search bar XD.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice combo. I have a 2013 Camaro that I drive as my Fun / Mod vehicle. I just picked my Cruze up last Tuesday, so I am relatively new here as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know this is a Chevy Cruze forum, but I was hoping I could also gain some insight about our cousin the Sonic, so far I have only test driven the Cruze 2lt, as my chevy dealership does not have any Sonics in stock, but if I were to compare a 2014 Sonic RS 1.4l to a 2015 Cruze 2lt 1.4, other than size, what are the main differences in the two? 50 miles away at another Chevy dealership, they had a 2014 RS with only 8k miles for 14.9k, where as the Cruze I have been looking at locally is a 2015 2lt for 15.4k with 20k miles. I guess the main question is, is the Cruze worth the extra money and miles? Like I said I am unfamilar with these cars, other than the posts I have read on here and the car reviews of both of them, I normally see the Sonic compared to the fiesta, while the Cruze is compaired to the Civic, Dart, and other cars like that.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are trying to decide between a midsize and compact car. The red 2LT pictured looks like a nice car. One thing you may want to do is test drive both and decide for yourself. As a lot of Cruze owners have found there is not a lot a off the line power(which I am sure you are used to with the Mustang) with these cars but once they get moving they are fine. Another thing you may want to look at is interior space in the Cruze. There is not a lot of back seat room esp if you carry passengers. Try them both out for your needs and decide for yourself.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Definitely consider the interior space. The Sonic is about two-thirds the size of the Cruze inside. If you're looking for a hatch and can wait I'd wait until the Cruze Hatch is released this winter/next spring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! And the Cruzes back seat is really no problem it sure is a lot bigger than my Mustangs! As far as hatch goes, I have never been much of a fan of them myself, I was looking at the sedan model. When I test drove the Cruze I was actually surprised at the pick up it had for 138hp and 140ish tq, it honestly didn't feel all that slow to me, even after comparing it to my Mustang, and I was expecting to be disappointed, where I actually wasn't. As far as upgrades go, what does a full bolt on Cruze normally dyno out at? Full bolt on to me would be (Downpipe,Cai,Exhaust,Tune and I guess they don't make different headers for this car so I will leave that out) I have not really been able to find a good dyno vid on youtube worth watching, so I am curious to hear what you all have experience with power wise out of the Cruise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to double post, but here is my Mustang's exhaust set up, as far as I know mine is unique to most everyone elses. Is there a Cruze exhaust set up that produces a deeper tone sort of like my Mustang does? I tend to shy away from the higher pitched sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Sorry to double post, but here is my Mustang's exhaust set up, as far as I know mine is unique to most everyone elses. Is there a Cruze exhaust set up that produces a deeper tone sort of like my Mustang does? I tend to shy away from the higher pitched sounding exhaust.
Won't work for me :(. Pretty sure there's no exhaust that's deep for the cruze or any 4 cyl because from my experiences 4 cyl cars like to be loud and raspy. Look on YouTube, tons of videos of horrible exhausts and people saying "dang! I'd like to have the same exhaust man, possibly louder!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm I wonder why it wont work, it shows the vid is imbedded to me, I used insert video on my youtube link. Well if I remember right the old Neon SRT4 had a nice deep tone without sounding too "ricey" and that is what I am referring to sound wise. I didn't know if their was a specific exhaust everyone likes to use that sounds particularly good or not, like for Mustangs most people go with Borla S-types or Atak. Like I said I don't know much about Turbo 4's, so what I know about what sounds good on the two 'stangs I have had, may not work out so well for these cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts