Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look forward to learning a bit more about this car. My wife picked it out, she really likes it for the time she's been in it. I think it's nice but will likely take advantage of a tune, I will do some more research but looking for a power gain, more importantly something to wake up the transmission.

Our first Chevy, hopefully it goes well.

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your new Cruze.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome from another LTZ RS owner. Great looking ride!

·
Vendor
544 Posts
Welcome to the forum. White is always classy looking. Good choice :)

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome! And yep, I went through the same thing. The transmission drove me nuts. Like Eddycruze said, it will adapt over time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it is an A/T the CRUZE will auto learn your shifting habits over time.
Welcome! And yep, I went through the same thing. The transmission drove me nuts. Like Eddycruze said, it will adapt over time.
Thanks, I had no idea. How does that work with having a previous owner, and 2 people driving this car at times? Is it continuously adapting?

My wife will drive it 90% of the time, so I assume I'll just have to deal with her spriritless habits in the car?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Thanks, I had no idea. How does that work with having a previous owner, and 2 people driving this car at times? Is it continuously adapting?

My wife will drive it 90% of the time, so I assume I'll just have to deal with her spriritless habits in the car?
You're doomed.....it will learn her driving habits.
If you have a open minded Chevy dealer they can return the shift mapping to 'as new' and it will speed up the learning process.
Currently it has to 'unlearn' the last driver....something that took thousands of miles to learn, and 'relearn' the new driver(s). I am unable to tell you if a tune tightens things up on this design.

I am the only operator of mine...I think it settled into my routine over about two thousand miles....but I'm a lightfoot, as you describe your wifes driving habits so, the shifts are OK but not crisp like my tuned Impala SS.

Mentioning the Impala's.....I have a lightly modded and tuned 95 and a essentially stock 96......to drive one after the other you'd think the tuned 95's trans is from another planet......way firm.

Anyways, congrats on the car.....having been married for (Dear Lord!) 45 years I've learned to not mess with mama's ride.....used to but got nothing but the 'Ever since you's'......you might want to reconsider....just sayin.

Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're doomed.....it will learn her driving habits.
If you have a open minded Chevy dealer they can return the shift mapping to 'as new' and it will speed up the learning process.
Currently it has to 'unlearn' the last driver....something that took thousands of miles to learn, and 'relearn' the new driver(s). I am unable to tell you if a tune tightens things up on this design.

I am the only operator of mine...I think it settled into my routine over about two thousand miles....but I'm a lightfoot, as you describe your wifes driving habits so, the shifts are OK but not crisp like my tuned Impala SS.

Mentioning the Impala's.....I have a lightly modded and tuned 95 and a essentially stock 96......to drive one after the other you'd think the tuned 95's trans is from another planet......way firm.

Anyways, congrats on the car.....having been married for (Dear Lord!) 45 years I've learned to not mess with mama's ride.....used to but got nothing but the 'Ever since you's'......you might want to reconsider....just sayin.

Rob
lol...thanks for the advice. I've been married 15 years, so I have a good idea of what you're talking about. It is her car, so I won't press the issue, but she isn't against it if I happen to start driving it more for whatever reason.

Anything that happens wouldn't be until winter is over around here, don't want to foul up how the car reacts when she's getting used to it in crappy conditions. She would always drive my Audi in the winter months and she is having reservations about driving a FWD vehicle again in the snow/ice.

I might have to go talk to the dealer and see if resetting the shift mapping is something they would consider. Thanks for that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts