Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

new trifecta bnr project starts tom

3188 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  cronyjabrony
well guys the sonata tuning wise just wasn't working out so im finally back with gm and picked this up ill post better pics tom morning cant wait to see what she puts out power wise after vince magic. Posted new pics
More pics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Nice car so trying to make everybody jelous sorry can't spell.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Banned
9,198 Posts
I can really sharp tune my 88 Supra Turbo as every specification for the various sensors, transducers, etc. if given in the shop manual. Can also do that with previous vehicles where you can make all the adjustments, have all the test equipment I need for that. Supra only requires a jumper for reading all the codes on all five data linked computer systems, but these like all this new stuff can only tell if a component is opened or shorted. Nothing about being out of tolerance.

Latest computers have a learn mode, mostly to adjust parameters from closed loop mode for open loop mode. But if all the sensors are in proper tolerance, there is nothing to learn. Many error codes are detected by using existing sensors in a very implicit firmware manner, in particular misfiring codes.

Newer manuals tell if you suspect a component, to replace it with a well known good component. But how are you suppose to know if a component is good if they can even give you the basic specifications. The attorneys don't like that, gives reason for liability and warranty claims.

Other really bad jokes is solid state, do not test, we sure all to test all this solid state stuff, every single specification and tolerance had to be provided in the specification. Another dirty word is "always hot" can drive a guy nuts trying to find a parasitic draw draining the battery.

Now we got guys playing with the numbers in the firmware, a sure way to void your warranty, countless tests have to be done to meet the latest EPA specifications under a variety of ambient conditions.

One thing we can't change is to buy high quality gasoline that was available even as short as twenty years ago. Today paying a small fortune for oxygen and nitrogen.

If you really want to take pains, can make sure the crank angle sensors are correct, but still have to make an educated guess on the specifications. Entire engine timing is depended on those, and do have a rather lose tolerance. Won't even give us a PROM anymore, least was a permanent means of storing firmware, all flashram now, cheaper is the only reason, use to cost 75 cents to burn a PROM.

Also extensive field testing was replaced all by computer simulation, and the newer term is rush to market.

· Registered
262 Posts
I can really sharp tune my 88 Supra Turbo as every specification for the various sensors, transducers, etc. if given in the shop manual. Can also do that with previous vehicles where you can make all the adjustments, have all the test equipment I need for that. Supra only requires a jumper for reading all the codes on all five data linked computer systems, but these like all this new stuff can only tell if a component is opened or shorted. Nothing about being out of tolerance.

Latest computers have a learn mode, mostly to adjust parameters from closed loop mode for open loop mode. But if all the sensors are in proper tolerance, there is nothing to learn. Many error codes are detected by using existing sensors in a very implicit firmware manner, in particular misfiring codes.

Newer manuals tell if you suspect a component, to replace it with a well known good component. But how are you suppose to know if a component is good if they can even give you the basic specifications. The attorneys don't like that, gives reason for liability and warranty claims.

Other really bad jokes is solid state, do not test, we sure all to test all this solid state stuff, every single specification and tolerance had to be provided in the specification. Another dirty word is "always hot" can drive a guy nuts trying to find a parasitic draw draining the battery.

Now we got guys playing with the numbers in the firmware, a sure way to void your warranty, countless tests have to be done to meet the latest EPA specifications under a variety of ambient conditions.

One thing we can't change is to buy high quality gasoline that was available even as short as twenty years ago. Today paying a small fortune for oxygen and nitrogen.

If you really want to take pains, can make sure the crank angle sensors are correct, but still have to make an educated guess on the specifications. Entire engine timing is depended on those, and do have a rather lose tolerance. Won't even give us a PROM anymore, least was a permanent means of storing firmware, all flashram now, cheaper is the only reason, use to cost 75 cents to burn a PROM.

Also extensive field testing was replaced all by computer simulation, and the newer term is rush to market.
:question:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.