Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be released later this week, but here are a couple of screenshots of what you'll be able to do with EZFlash. You will be able to turn on and off any DTCs and any Readiness Monitors that you want. Not just clear codes that will come back later, I mean you will be able to permanently turn off whatever codes you want. We've also added an Import/Export function to this so that you guys can work together as a community to share your settings with each other.

We do want to make sure that everyone is aware that using these features to cheat emissions control could be a violation of federal and/or state law.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
X2 on the emissions stuff. Cheating emissions is a giant no-no.

This moderator at least does not want to hear or see anything about cheating emissions on this board. Like it or not, it's the law of the land. And, it's the air your friends/spouse/sig. other/kids is/are breathing. Keep it clean!

I can see a diagnostic use for these features, such as diagnosing emissions system faults or faulty sensors.

Reactions: iamthedruman

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
This is kinda cool! I'm looking forward to this. I have an annoying type B DTC that comes and goes, setting MIL.

I'll also side with Sciphi on emissions cheating. I don't want to see a thread called 'I Cheated my Emissions, Thanks Trifecta!' lol. Unless I move, I have no need for the emission trick, my county of residence doesn't require emissions lol. But you gotta admit, that's pretty clever..

·
Registered
475 Posts
thats very clever

·
Registered
625 Posts
Do you have to reflash to set the CEL disable? (I have my eco shutters removed for an intercooler and it's throwing a code)
You can replace your fuel pump control module with another from a non eco and the code will never come back. Usually about $35 from a junkyard. Have been running my eco like this for about 6 months with no codes.

This will be released later this week, but here are a couple of screenshots of what you'll be able to do with EZFlash. You will be able to turn on and off any DTCs and any Readiness Monitors that you want. Not just clear codes that will come back later, I mean you will be able to permanently turn off whatever codes you want. We've also added an Import/Export function to this so that you guys can work together as a community to share your settings with each other.

We do want to make sure that everyone is aware that using these features to cheat emissions control could be a violation of federal and/or state law.
Is there something in this feature make it so you can run an atmospheric bov without needing a re tune and or turn of the valve that controls it to run a block off plate and a bov on a change pipe? If that makes sense lol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think this would be easier since I'm already tuned and what not. Also, I wouldn't have to drop the tank and go through all of that work. I just could plug my laptop in and let it run for 30 minutes and it be fixed.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think this would be easier since I'm already tuned and what not. Also, I wouldn't have to drop the tank and go through all of that work. I just could plug my laptop in and let it run for 30 minutes and it be fixed.
I was talking about if the code isn't in the list. Also you don't have to drop the tank. It's on the passenger side in the trunk right above the rear wheel.

·
10,711 Posts
Oh, okay. That's way easier. Anyways, back to my original question: Do I need to re-flash to disable the CEL for a specific code if it's listed? (P069E is listed).
Uncheck what you need to as above, hit ok, then reflash again. Should be quicker this time around unless you picked "Force Full Flash" option. If you are an auto go ahead and reset tcm adaptives after the reflash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.