Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
I don't remember how often the TPMS has to "report it" while on the road. You will have had to drive fast enough, far enough for it to figure out something's wrong and it's not just a glitch that it's not getting a report.

Of course, the other possibility is that they DID reset it when mounting the tires and the reset of the gang though it hadn't been done - perhaps lack of communication. Call me superstitious, but I after a lifetime of fixing things, I like to test things before "putting it all together". If it was up to me, I'd probably have paired the TPMS to the car just to make sure the sensors worked and were compatible before mounting the tires. Otherwise I'd have to take thing apart again to replace them. (Always time to do it over and never time it do it right?)

So, it's possible that the sensors have been paired with the car - but perhaps not in the right positions.

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Maybe I'll try the "rotate" procedure of letting a few psi out of each tire just to see what it does.
That will tell if you the TPMS is working or not, but I don't think you can use it to learn the rotation. You could in prior years. But later years requires the tool. But letting enough air out should trigger some indication.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts