Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
At the spur of the moment I decided to put my truck up for sale or trade and got an offer on a 2011 Cruze LS 1.8L, just had the timing belt done last year in June.

Well I know my truck is in excellent shape and I hate getting into a money pit so before I go to check it all out tomorrow evening can anyone fill me in an any details of what to look for that may be a problem with a 2011 Cruze? Ive searched the web and it does just like any car and pulls up the pros and cons with X amount of complaints for each thing which gets old and confusing.

So in general anything major I should look for? I have a code reader I will be tugging along with me ( although they say no codes or lights it doesn't hurt to check anyways) as I know my truck has no issues.

So not a bad trade for my 99 Ram sport 4x4.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,014 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

There are a number of threads in the forum about the different things to look for. In general a lot of the issues were in the older models, but look first. I know a number of members will chime in eventually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
Ive always joined forums like there when I get a vehicle I'm in-familiar with and they are a lifesaver at times.
Look forwards to learning more and contributing to the forum as well.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From what I remember stay away from the 11s. They were the first run for the cruze in the states. Check out the production date on the drivers side door jam.

Nice truck how much? Where u from?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have an 11 and the biggest difference (from what I can tell from what I hear on here and the few weeks I borrowed a friend's 2014 1.8) is gas mileage, my 11 averages 24.5 with mostly city driving, much better than the ram however, other than that I have 0 issues other than the sea of recalls I've gotten and am sure will still get

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm asking $8000 ( got 10K into it including truck purchase @ 8K ) so I know I'm going to be talked down and cant get what I put into it so just setting a base to start at. I'm in St Louis Mo

My stepdaughter has a 2011 as well, but think she has the better level trim, this is just the LS I'm looking at. I'm only selling the truck due that I have spinal injuries and its getting hard on me climbing in and out of and with my 6yo son.

I like the looks of the cruze so just trying to find out if I'm jumping into a money pit or not since I'm disabled I cant do a whole lot, where the truck is basically bullet proofed.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I don't recall as the 1.8 folks have had much trouble. There were a lot more 1.4T made and those can have some problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is what I have been observing between the 1.8 and the 1.4/turbos.
I talked with my stepdaughter and she said she hasn't had any issues and owned her car the past 2 years and bought it used at a dealership. So, I'm hoping if I decide to trade, that its a good trade. They claim they had the timing belt replaced mid 2016 and have the paperwork on it ( and I have all papers on the truck as well as the Dealer and Purchase invoices from original owners ( a $37K truck from factory with lift and all ) and of course that was 18 years ago?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So only thing the owner said, Is the timing belt was replaced last year, car has 204000 on the clock and every now and then he gits a whiff of oil smell in the car but not leaking anything.... so just wondering what the oil smell may be as Ive read the 1.4 has a main seal issue BUT there doesnt seem to be this issue with the 1.8 which this vehicle is???
Just the high milage bothers me but if its been maintained really well that shouldnt be an issue and they have owned it since new.

*** Mainly all highway mileage***

1 - 10 of 10 Posts