Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go back to the home screen, you'll notice that the "New Member Introductions" section has been renamed to "Newbie Central." I decided to re-purpose this section of the forum to include not only new member introductions, but also materials (such as forum rules) for new members to look over when first joining. I'll be creating a post with a list of all active moderators and gearheads to include in this section.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,271 Posts
So we get to call em newbs? I never liked OP any way.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,781 Posts
Okay first you drive it to the dealership.... Then you trade it in on a faster car. :-D J/K. Of course what you really do is go to the convenience store and buy a bunch of those "NOS" bottles from the cooler and put them in your gas tank. +400HP
LOL

I was told lots of AEM stickers will work. 10hp per sticker i have pallet coming in next week.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Just a thought, maybe put in parentheses a name that the person would rather go by, if they would rather go be addressed with a different name than their username. Might make it more personal feeling to the newbies, or a little more...smurf-like.

Reactions: brian v

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought, maybe put in parentheses a name that the person would rather go by, if they would rather go be addressed with a different name than their username. Might make it more personal feeling to the newbies, or a little more...smurf-like.
Are you referring to the staff list?

·
Administrator
25,492 Posts
OOO Newbie section let me start:

How do i make my Cruze faster?
I don't know about iKermit, but it seems the easiest way to make any car go faster is to step on the throttle. :1poke: This is especially true when going up a hill. :th_coolio:

Anyone besides me remember when the right pedal was call the "accelerator"?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
I don't know about iKermit, but it seems the easiest way to make any car go faster is to step on the throttle. :1poke: This is especially true when going up a hill. :th_coolio:

Anyone besides me remember when the right pedal was call the "accelerator"?
I don't want to step on the throttle when going up a hill though, that uses more gas!

:1poke:

·
Administrator
25,492 Posts
I don't want to step on the throttle when going up a hill though, that uses more gas!

:1poke:
So that's why the idiots in the SUVs with more than twice my HP numbers can't accelerate to get on to eastbound C-470 from Santa Fe. Thanks. :)

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
So that's why the idiots in the SUVs with more than twice my HP numbers can't accelerate to get on to eastbound C-470 from Santa Fe. Thanks. :)
Gotta feel sorry for them, they get the same mileage cruising on flat ground that the Cruze does at WOT!

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
So YOU'RE one of those people that goes down the 1/4 mile on-ramp at 35 mph?

I bite my thumb at you sir.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Gosh no, more like 55 :) I'll do that if there's no one around, but if it's a busy ramp, I'll definitely be up to 70 to merge on and get situated.

I had a computer average of 17.2 going back to school one time, and that just doesn't happen by penetrating the throttle and getting excited.

I'm heading out there this afternoon though, so we'll see what the Cruze can really do.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Does the turbo on the Eco kick in only when you put your foot into it or does it come on at a certain RPM (3000 ?) no matter what ? (a test drive might just answer my question but I've not done that yet) :uhh:
IIRC it kicks in around the 1800 -2000 rpm range and is maxed out at like 4000 rpm.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,804 Posts
1500 RPM you feel it spool up. 2500-3000 it's at full boost. 5000 it's out of breath.

1.4L is gutless without the turbo for backup, but the spool-up is hardly noticeable.

How MUCH it's boosting is determined by throttle pressure, as with how much power is being provided in a normal car.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
1500 RPM you feel it spool up. 2500-3000 it's at full boost. 5000 it's out of breath.

1.4L is gutless without the turbo for backup, but the spool-up is hardly noticeable.

How MUCH it's boosting is determined by throttle pressure, as with how much power is being provided in a normal car.

thanks for having my back.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,804 Posts
It's actually different depending on the transmission. Autos hit full torque as low as 1850 RPM and run that flat power curve on up to 5000.

Unfortunately the auto transmissions aren't programmed well to take advantage of that.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts

How MUCH it's boosting is also determined by the desire for a certain... tune. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts