Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2016 Chevy Cruze LS Dec 27,2016. before then I had a (first car) 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. It was super hard to let go of my car, I had it for almost 10 years! I decided to go with the Cruze for the MPG, Size, Technology and Style.

I am very new to the online car enthusiast forums. I am also new to modifying my ride outside of adding a spoiler and a few other add-ons inside the interior.

I hope to learn more about my Cruze from others, get some cool ideas on how to customize my own Cruze and to feel a part of the new Chevrolet and Chevy Cruze family.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Heck of an upgrade - welcome. Is this a 2016 limited (old body style) or the Gen 2 LS?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. I too came to the Cruze from the Lancer back in 2012. My Lancer's clutch was failing after 30K miles and Mitsubishi tried to claim it was me riding the clutch. My ECO MT's clutch was checked at 90K miles and I was told the pad was only about half way through it's life based on the amount of actual (as opposed to hydraulic fluid) play required to engage/disengage the clutch.

I found my ECO was generally far more refined and comfortable than the Lancer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. I too came to the Cruze from the Lancer back in 2012. My Lancer's clutch was failing after 30K miles and Mitsubishi tried to claim it was me riding the clutch. My ECO MT's clutch was checked at 90K miles and I was told the pad was only about half way through it's life based on the amount of actual (as opposed to hydraulic fluid) play required to engage/disengage the clutch.

I found my ECO was generally far more refined and comfortable than the Lancer.
I had my 08 Lancer for over 121k miles. I only changed the transmission once, but certain things stopped working. Like the window at the back side of the driver's side for whatever reason stopped working. That was a $300-400 fix (that I opted out of). Then the Bluetooth all of a sudden stopped working. Then my "check engine light" came on and off. The code it was giving me was for the CAT converter. I have almost 10 long years in that car and I'm so thankful for all of them.

I choose chevy because it was an American made car, nice turbo engine, nice extra bells and whistles and I always had my eye on the Cruze every since it came out (stop/start technology)

I am slightly jealous about the TDI version that is coming out, but I still love my "midnight".

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Nice! Welcome. I did a little car shopping yesterday. Seriously looking at getting a 1SS 1LE 2017 Camaro, then I rode in a 2SS. I could not live with the horrible outward visibility. Will be checking out an M2 and possibly a M240i tomorrow.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,172 Posts
Not sure if I welcomed you already - 23 posts, but Newbie thread??? Soooo...

Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

and start saving some money as it is going to fly away, fly away, fly away soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.