Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Diesel Cruze, automatic - Leased new in August of 2013. Vehicle now has 27,000 clicks on the odometer. The car has met all of my expectations and more. After driving it for almost two years, I'm still impressed with the torque and the fuel mileage. I've found that driving around 63mph on the freeway will get me mid 50mph. I just got back from a 780 mile round trip to Vegas (averaged amost 48 mpg for the trip - filled my tank back up in Vegas with trip reading 404 miles - fill-up took 8.4 gallons= 48.09mpg).
I'm a retired community college automotive instructor (Master certified ASE and L-1 + California Smog License and Licensed California Smog Instructor.

I just did my first oil change now that the free two year oil change mark has passed. I bought the oil filter at my local parts store (Wix filter - kind of pricy) and used Total Quartz INEO MC3 Synthetic 5W30 oil (dexos 2) - it helps to know the local San Diego distributor at National Petroleum as you likely won't find this oil at your local parts mass merchandisers.

I've had the car into my local dealer once for an O2 Sensor failure and yesterday the CEL came back on and a quick code check revealed a P21dd - DEF heater high impedance. I read some of the posts on this code in this forum and it looks this has been a common problem on this car. I'll call my buddy at the local Chevy dealer in the morning (it helps to have friends in the business) before I take it in for warranty fix.

My lease is up in November with a $15,250 residual due if I want to purchase the car - I love the car but I'm considering dropping a few more thousand dollars and buying a used 2014 or 2015 Chevy Volt with similar mileage. If, you've read this far, what do you think I should do? Keep my Cruze or go for the used Volt?

thanks,

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I vote keep the Cruze :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome! Being that we are on a Cruze forum, and some of us love ours, I also vote keep the Cruze! lol!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,296 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes with what ever choice you decide upon in the future concerning your commuter vehichle !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts