Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Cruze people. I am done with BMWs, too much $, too many repairs, too little mpg. I don't see gas going down much. At this time I own a 2002 745i, 06 Envoy Denali (engine being installed) a 2001 Acura MDX, and a little project BMW convertible. Even though my brother is a veteran tech, I need something with a warranty and good mpg. I want to travel with my twins and $700 in gas to drive from Indy to Mid FL. is just crazy. My kids are 13, so I am looking for a car that they might have 3 years from now and last them through college. Even though I like Hatchbacks, my research has lead me to the Cruz or Jetta. I have read several reviews online, but some are not accurate since they are matching the Diesel with the T4 Cruz ECO.
I like the Eco since it is lowered and I want a manual. I hate to be without leather for the first time in decades,... oh well.
So, with throwing all that out there, please.. advice? tips? Anyone coming from a Jetta? Any info to help is appreciated. I am looking at 2011/2012 of each, BUT CPO with less than 33,000 miles- and about $14,000 for each (Yes MANY out there of each available.)
Thanks in advance!
Kirk

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Go with the 2012 Cruze ECO MT. It gets the same EPA highway MPG as the Jetta TDI but according to MotorTrend Magazine's testing better real world MPGs. Plus in most places in the US even premium gas is cheaper than diesel.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Do the twins know how to drive a stick? An AT is much more comfortable in traffic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I prefer the manual even in heavy stop & go traffic. It forces me to pay attention to the traffic so I can plan when to shift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.