Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 with 11,000 miles, I bought it with 9900 miles. The second day they had to replace the battery, checked the alt and they said it was ok.... Yesterday was taking a 3 hr roadtrip and about halfway through my radio was flashing on and off and I was getting the service power steering warning. I've been reading here about the ground cables. Is this my problem? On the way back today no symptoms whatsoever. Over the past 3 weeks the radio has fluttered a couple of times, but nothing like yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far I really like it...
Thnks

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
2014 with 11,000 miles, I bought it with 9900 miles. The second day they had to replace the battery, checked the alt and they said it was ok.... Yesterday was taking a 3 hr roadtrip and about halfway through my radio was flashing on and off and I was getting the service power steering warning. I've been reading here about the ground cables. Is this my problem? On the way back today no symptoms whatsoever. Over the past 3 weeks the radio has fluttered a couple of times, but nothing like yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far I really like it...
Thnks
Hi Katyite,

We apologize for the unexpected concerns with your Cruze, and we are here to help the best way possible. Feel free to send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
270 Posts
Could also have a charging problem still, low battery voltage could cause it also, I just discovered the engine module sets different battery charge modes according to expected battery charge, pretty cool the engineers must have had free reign to do everything possible to get overall efficiency up, this scheme lowers the alternator load when possible--high tech smart car for sure !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts